How do you stay up-to-date with the latest marketing trends and technologies?

Hamza Afzal Butt
30 replies
I follow industry blogs and attend webinars to stay informed. How do you keep yourself updated with the latest trends and technologies in marketing?

Replies

Prem Saini
- I have subscribed to a lot of newsletters that give me weekly updates - X and the network there shares the latest news - Follow a lot of founders
Hitha Boorla
I usually get most of my updates from Instagram. I don't really need to make the effort to research on what's trending. It also helps to follow certain pages that post about advertising or marketing.
Business Marketing with Nika
I am on Product Hunt. Read Techcrunch. Follow CEOs of companies I am interested in :))
Brenda Lewis
Honestly, Twitter is my go-to.
CY Zhou
I stay up-to-date with the latest marketing trends and technologies by following industry leaders on social media and subscribing to key newsletters. Additionally, I regularly attend webinars and conferences to gain insights from experts.
Mia Fullin
I follow relevant hashtags and influencers on social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter. This helps me keep an eye on what's trending in the marketing world.
Elaine Lu
I stay up-to-date by following industry-leading blogs and participating in relevant webinars and online courses. Networking with peers and engaging in marketing communities also helps me stay informed about the latest trends and technologies.
@elaineluyi Keep pushing the boundaries of your knowledge and stay ahead in the ever-evolving world of digital marketing!
Deluar Hosain
I follow the latest updates/news from channels like Gmail, LinkedIn and the platforms I love for marketing. Newsletters are also included.
Jacob
I participate in online courses and certification programs. They provide in-depth knowledge and keep my skills sharp.
My3 Murthy
Almost all my social media is curated to follow marketing trends & keep a pulse check on the industry. Which are some of the blogs you follow Hamza?
@my3_murthy That's a smart approach! I follow blogs like HubSpot for inbound strategies, Moz for SEO insights, Neil Patel for digital marketing tactics, and Social Media Examiner for social media updates. These sources keep me informed on the latest trends and strategies in the marketing industry.
Claudia Nathan
I run Stackradar - which is a vetted curation of tech - so I have to be on top of this stuff! I subscribe to blogs, product updates/changelogs and specific publications which I have sorted in Feedly, then I have social accounts specifically dedicated to following profiles that publish about the latest tech like Product Hunt (duh) VCs, tech ‘influencers’ for lack of a better word and so on. I find it difficult to sift through the noise (i.e. the billions of AI as-a-product tools coming out daily) but fine tuning your feeds by letting the algorithms take hold works well enough lol
@claudianathan How do you manage to keep your focus sharp amidst the constant flood of new AI products and tech innovations? Any tips for effectively leveraging algorithms to stay ahead in tech curation?
Kehui Guo
Product Hunt and newsletters:))
Prabath Hewasundara
I don't do anything super specific just to get insights about the latest marketing trends and technologies. Instead, I've got a pretty eclectic mix of sources that keep me in the loop: 📧 Subscribed to a bunch of newsletters – my inbox is a goldmine of fresh ideas and trends. 💡 Follow a lot of thought leaders (not just in marketing) – inspiration can come from anywhere! 🎙️ Listen to podcasts – perfect for soaking up knowledge during a commute or workout. 📺 Watch YouTube videos – there's always something new and exciting to learn from industry experts. By tapping into these diverse sources, I get a steady stream of insights and stay up-to-date without even trying too hard. It's all about keeping it interesting and varied! 🎉
@prabathhewa That's a smart approach to staying informed! Diverse sources definitely keep things fresh and provide a broad perspective on the latest trends and technologies.
Pratheek Adi
I stay updated by reading industry newsletters and connecting with peers on LinkedIn.
Charles Hall
I check out industry blogs too! Also, I follow LinkedIn influencers and join marketing Slack groups to keep up. Any other good sources?
@charleshallx Great approach! Besides industry blogs, LinkedIn influencers, and marketing Slack groups, you might want to check out podcasts like "Marketing Over Coffee" or "The Marketing Book Podcast." Also, subscribing to newsletters from platforms like HubSpot, Moz, and Neil Patel can provide valuable insights. Don't forget about joining relevant LinkedIn groups and attending webinars or virtual conferences for the latest trends and networking opportunities.
Maryna Kotenko
Follow Founders/CEO on LinkedIn and X
Thomas Hansen
Staying up-to-date with marketing trends and technologies involves regularly reading industry blogs, attending webinars and conferences, and participating in online communities. Subscribing to newsletters from thought leaders can also be beneficial.