How do you start a workday? What are your routines and motivation tips?

Pinar Engur
26 replies

Replies

Vitaliy K
I like to drink black tea with lemon in the morning
Yara Matiash
A cup of coffee is a must ;)
Ayaz Qureshi
I starts by reading news/articles related to my field. I don't have any fixed routine as per time, i just usually work 8-12 hours a day which means if i woke up at 11:00 AM, i'll off work around 6 or 8 PM. As far as motivation is concerned, i'll say be realistic and lightweight so you can go supersonic.
Pinar Engur
@ayaz_qureshi1 Good contribution, thanks! You're right. Being realistic and resting when you feel exhausted are important for productivity and motivation.
Binod T
My day starts with the shower.
Dogukan Basgol
Wake up early and do not spend time on bed. Spare time for meditation & prayer, important to clarify the mind. No phone for the first 30 minutes of the day too :)
Pinar Engur
@dogukan_basgol really important to have time for yourself, impressive! I also recommend you to drink green tea and listen to instrumental music during the no phone time
Bill Clint
Checking my gmail is the first thing I do before starting my day.
Julia Putzeys
I love starting my work day with a workout! It wakes me up and gets me energized and focused for the day. Even better if the workout is outdoors :)
Julia Putzeys
@pinar_engur I think it's like most things - once you make it a habit, it's harder not to do it :) even if it's just an easy walk or yoga session, any kind of movement is nice.
Haseeb Hameed
With morning prayer
Alissa Anne Pagano
Nothing boosts mood for the day like making sure to pop outside. Get a little sun, stretch the legs, stay mindful and in the moment. Really sets the tone and helps reset stress/distraction, similar to meditation practice. Unfortunately other than that I go totally freeform lol. Do you have any tips of your own?
Pinar Engur
@alissaannepagano Thanks Alissa, I really like your routine! I generraly make a cup of coffee and spend time with my cats. It relaxes me in the morning. Then, I check Slack channels, my emails and read some articles that I save before. That's my motivation to start working.
Umair Zubair
First thing is to check my social media
Desmond Leong
I always force myself to get up early at 8am and clock a full day's shift - which also means getting a proper night's rest.
David J. Kim
1. Morning walk 2. 5 min meditation 3. Coffee!
Matt Li
Some sort of exercise/stretching + meditation is a must!