• Subscribe
  • How do you spot new trends?

Casper Brix
    17 replies
    Let’s say you’re curious about starting a new company/project, how do you spot any rising trends to work on? It can be Reddit, Google Trends, Instagram - whatever works for you.

Replies

Cristian Stoian Urzica
    In the mobile apps field. You can use Apple/Google store scrappers to identify the apps with potential. Like number of downloads,reviews, etc
    Rod Bahmanyari
    This question stands out to me because the antithesis of spotting new trends is speaking with different kinds of users and potential users. The initial start should be speaking with users of an already established platform or service, then asking them questions about how they feel about the price, experience, and connectivity to other applications they might want. I think with that you'll find a lot of success in spotting trends. This is exactly what I did two weeks ago with Buildbook, I started with the student builder (my own base) and worked my way toward speaking with recruiters and VCs, asking them what they would pay to access a network of technical builders with proven/verified projects and backgrounds. Best of luck! -RB
    Emily Willis
    Love this question & keen to see what others' use. For me, I use some of these tools.... https://explodingtopics.com Ahrefs' keyword trends so rising/falling topics and themes over time Yes agree, google trends TikTok/Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Pinterest/Instagram/Youtube shorts & other social media insights/trends features Social intelligence tools ...brandwatch/hootsuite/meltwater/buffer/loomly etc
    Casper Brix
    @emily_willis1 interesting - a lot of online tools Do you also speak to potential clients as part of this phase?
    Emily Willis
    @casper_brix For conversations with clients, that depends on what project you're considering. If it's one to evolve an existing product, then absolutely
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    It depends on who you want to target, your goal, etc. When we want to create some advertisement, we look for ideas on IG or TikTok because we intend to run advertisements there.
    Casper Brix
    @busmark_w_nika interesting! Do you look at customer trends and/or what potential companies/competitors are pushing?
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @casper_brix TBH, I "consumed" what other companies pushes and how many reactions they have on these creatives.
    Zekiye Nur Kesici
    I monitor social media trends, analyze customer behavior shifts, and engage with my target audience to spot emerging opportunities. Conducting market research, attending industry events, and collaborating with trend-spotting agencies also helps me identify promising new ventures.
    Casper Brix
    @zekiye_nur_kesici Interesting! Thanks for sharing. And looking forward to your launch. I'll support and get a notification!
    Gurkaran Singh
    Spotting trends is like hunting for the perfect avocado - you gotta squeeze a few to find the ripe one! I mix Google Trends with a dash of Twitter hashtags to catch those juicy emerging trends ripe for the picking.