How do you see the future of software engineering in the AI era?

Andrei Pricop
4 replies
With all the AI advancements and improvements how do you see the future for software engineers?

Replies

Ibrahim Saidu
The future of software engineering in the AI era is fascinating, isn't it? I remember pondering, "Is software engineering hard?" https://trivialsolutions.io/is-s... when I started out. But with AI, it's like unlocking a whole new world of possibilities. Recently, I worked on a project where AI algorithms streamlined our development process, making tasks feel more manageable. It's like having a helpful assistant.
Kan Hai
I believe AI has lowered the threshold for software development and improved the efficiency of software development. With the advent of AI, the demand for coding skills is not as high, which will lead to software engineers needing to focus more on the business capabilities of the project. Front-end engineers will gradually transform into visual marketers, and technical research and development will focus on exploring and creating value in specific fields.
Mike Hasil
Humans can never be replaced.
Jacob Sanchez
Software engineers will benefit from AI tools that can automate repetitive tasks, thus increasing efficiency. AI-driven code generators, bug detectors, and code analyzers will reduce the manual effort required in software development. AI will enable more personalized software experiences. Applications will become smarter, adapting to individual user preferences and behaviors. This personalization will enhance user engagement and satisfaction.