• Subscribe
  • How do you search for what you need in Slack?

Zeng
    8 replies
    Since we're WFH, we're much more reliant on communication tools like Slack. As the channels get bigger, there's always the issue of scaling. What are some of the challenges you face when using Slack to get the information you need? @hubert_chan2 and I would love to hear your thoughts!

Replies

Manoj Radhakrishnan
    Searching the Searchable Log of All Conversational Knowledge (SLACK) for getting information required need some acquired skills and practice. 1. Storing and retrieving important chats is a pain because I don’t get to name the pins I create 2. Difficult to recall which chat was going on in which channel 3. Not able to get the most viewed/ relevant results by other users 4. Not being able to tag a conversation/ message as Useful to benefit other erchers
    Hubert
    @manoj_radhakrishnan1 🙏🙏 Thank you for sharing your ideas. It sounds like you have faced some issues with storing, retrieving, and finding important conversations within Slack. It's so exciting because we (@zenghoulim & I) have been working on and building a Slack bot that helps fast-paced teams easily extract information through their Slack channels. For example, you search for specific keywords or phrases within a particular channel or time period and provide a summary of the relevant conversations. This could help users quickly find and recall important information without having to sift through a large number of messages. I find your point about "tagging a conversation" very insightful, providing a way for users to tag or label conversations further help other users find and benefit from valuable conversations. We will definitely take that back as a potential product feature ✨✨ If you'd like to stay in touch with our progress, our pre-launch page is here 🤖(https://www.producthunt.com/prod...). And you can already start using the bot in beta for free on our website. 🤖 (https://www.asksomi.app/)
    Zeng
    @hubert_chan1 @manoj_radhakrishnan1 Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your feedback (:
    Tadej Jevševar
    The biggest challenge with async communication that our remote team have had is that we were wasting our time on waiting for each others reply in a chat thread when a quick conversation would resolve issues in seconds. That's the main reason we started Closer - a communication app for remote teams.
    Zeng
    @tadej_jevsevar That's one of the pain points I face too! Just checked out Closer -- it looks amazing! Great work. Love the white boarding feature
    Tadej Jevševar
    @zenghoulim Thanks! Hit me up if you're interested in giving it a try. It's truly magical.
    Vishal Patel
    In Slack, you can search for specific messages, files, or conversations by using the search bar located at the top of the screen. You can also use advanced search options by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the search bar and selecting "Advanced search". This allows you to filter your search by keywords, date range, and specific channels or users. Additionally, you can use the /search command to search for specific keywords or phrases within your Slack workspace.