• Subscribe
  • How do you recognise when you are stressed?

Dzmitry Tsemirau
    5 replies

Replies

Evgeniya Chernishyova
    Usually I cannot focus on anything when I'm stressed. And sometimes I forget about food, rest and other basic needs
    Maria Hagsten
    While stressed, I've learned that it's easier for me to spot behavior issues than my feelings or thoughts. Over time, I've collected a list of telltale behavioral signs that I'm stressed. I won't share them all here as it's very personal, but here are a few of them as an example: biting my nails, clenching my jaw, being more easily agitated, etc. If I start noticing behavioral issues, I take time to investigate if it's good stress or bad stress. The first one is the feeling of being pressured when doing something challenging. It means I'm out of my comfort zone and uncomfortable, but I know it will lead to growth in the long run. If I find it to be good stress, I amp up the amount of self-care I practice to endure the pressure while it lasts. Bad stress is the one that leads to burnout. It's the sense of being constantly overwhelmed and where there's no end in sight. If I find it's bad stress, I will take action for change ASAP. Burned by burnout more than once, I don't take that bad stress lightly. How about you @dzts ?
    Dzmitry Tsemirau
    @maria_hagsten Thank you for such a detailed answer. As for me, probably the main sign is sleep disorder. But, fortunately, this does not happen so often.
    Kate Chasten
    I just feel it. Like there's something in my head constantly telling me " something's not right".
    Leela Shankar
    worrying + non productive..