• Subscribe
  • How do you prioritize the features you build?

Marin Smiljanic
    7 replies
    Hi everyone, once your product is already launched and you have paying customers, how do you determine which features to build and how do you prioritize among them?

Replies

Scott Chen
    One of the most challenging things might be figuring out your user's wants. However, isn't there always a way out? The only way to truly understand your users is through user personas. For a firm to understand its customers, creating user personas is essential. Personas are incredible. You may take advantage of a plethora of commercial advantages they provide. Alan Cooper initially released them back in 1998. Cooper himself said, "You typically poll the user base, compile their feature requests, and then provide them a product that has every feature they requested. I refer to this as the totality of the intended qualities. The creation of understanding and empathy with the end-users is a key objective of user persona creation. The personas provide you the opportunity to go further into the user, allowing you to list not only the fundamentals but also the psychology of the envisioned user. You may do this to include the product into the user's regular life. The team gains clarity, sets expectations, and is assisted in understanding how to satisfy the demands of the end user thanks to the explanation.
    Clement Surry
    Effort vs Impact Scoring works for me. Many people in this field although seem to be going with the gut feeling for that day.
    Rich Watson
    by demand/request, or feedback some features can't be done until others are, so thats easy. it's hard to explain how I prioritize features. we make a list of features, and I mark them in order of which ones to do first. right now we're preparing our PH launch, so I'm prioritizing features for users that might be using the app from their web browser instead of Discord- as well as features that would appeal to users outside of Discord. heres most of our priority list
    Marin Smiljanic
    @richw Yup, sounds pretty similar to my current flow. Any tips on gathering feedback?
    Rich Watson
    @marin_smiljanic Well we have a Discord server and a bot that is in 1,400 servers. So I post polls in our server and reach out to other servers to ask what they like/dislike, complaints, feature requests, etc. Could try reaching out to your own members
    Jake Pryszlak
    Similar to what others have said. But you need to speak to your target audience, what are they struggling with. You then need to decompose a simple “choice” into 3 buckets: - Observations - Inferences - Conclusions What were the things the customer saw (observations) which led them to believe something (inferences) and then to act on it (conclusion)