• Subscribe
  • How do you prioritise features when developing a new product?

Nneoma Jane
    9 replies

Replies

Liora Lyons
    I like to prioritize features that will have the biggest impact on the user experience. If something can make a big difference, it gets bumped up the list.
    Faisal Ishaque
    To start the product, we prioritize features that the management requests. The reason is, that they've researched the business landscape and have a deeper understanding of what's needed. Once the product is launched, we listen to our customers and see what they want. We combine the management's experience with the customer's voice and prioritize. Finally, when the product takes off, we look into the data. The data tells us what features and changes are most needed. Of course, even at this stage, we consider the management's experience and customers' voice.
    William M
    I start by focusing on the core needs of the users. What are the main problems they want solved? That usually helps me figure out what features are mots important.
    Sawyer Wyatt
    I think about what features will help us stand out from competitors. If a feature can give us a unique advantage, it gets higher priority.