How do you pick the right Idea to work on?

Prithvi Bharadwaj
3 replies
How do you pick the best ideas to work on? How do you filter great ideas from the good ones? As someone who has a bunch of cool ideas all the time, I've struggled to pick which one to work on. I would structure the importance of an Idea in this order - market >> audience > feasibility > risks > competition Picking the right market is probably the most important thing an entrepreneur can do. You can have the best bait in the world but if you're fishing in the wrong pond it's pointless. Get that right, and everything else will naturally fall into place. So What's your mechanism to filter Ideas? PS: To scratch my own itch, I created Validator (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...) A tool that uses AI to analyse and evaluate new + existing business Ideas. I wanted it to be simple and easy to use - so It has a scoring system that rates an idea out of 100. I'm no software developer, so this whole saas thing is pretty new to me. I'd really appreciate it if you could give me feedback and support it's launch

Replies

Jose Thompson
First, I evaluate the market demand and potential for growth. Then, I assess my personal interest, passion, and expertise in the idea to ensure I can stay committed and dedicated to its development.
Taylor Wilson
@jose_tho12 Agree that personal interest and passion is key! If you're trying to solve a problem that you have personally experienced, that makes it easier to tell the story of "why me" too.
André J
Launching soon!
I pick the problem that is the hardest. The best people want to work on hardest problems. Life is about going on daring adventures. Not mundane beaten tracks. IMO 😸