How do you motivate yourself to wake up early?

Ivan Gribin
22 replies
For example, I set an alarm clock with a motivational affirmation and go for a walk with the dog. It gives me a powerful positive boost of energy! Whats about you? :) P.S. As the saying goes, how you start the day, that's how you spend it!

Replies

Vuk Bajcetic
No phone and coffee a few hours before bed. Then a lot of coffee in the morning. I realized that I wake up tired if I go to sleep after staring at a screen for too long. After getting a good night of rest motivation comes on its own
Sergey M
Hey! Yoga and coffee works well for me) + meditation sometimes
Ivan Gribin
@mackeser Cool! I have to try Yoga, I sometimes meditate too (mostly in the afternoon/evening) with the HeathFullness technique. What kind of coffee do you drink? If I drink anything stronger than a latte, I get really woozy.
Vel Rabe
I need motivation to get out of bed or I won't wake up, so I turn the alarm up loud and put it on a closet or some hard to reach place. In general, if this stage is passed, then everything goes fine, otherwise I turn off the alarm clock right in my sleep
Deep Patel
I will be very honest here For me it's not motivation, I just set 5 alarms one after another so it interrupts my sleep, and the very next thing I do after waking up is going to Gym which is my favorite part of the day so that helps!
Ivan Gribin
@deep1144 Very cool! Thanks for the honesty, honestly, I used to have the same thing, now only 1 alarm and 0 workouts ahahahah
Manoj Radhakrishnan
Yoga/ Workout excitement. Along with the power of going to bed early
Svyat Dvorecki
I don’t force myself to wake up earlier if I don’t see the reason for it. And when there is a goal to get up - for the sake of the pool, ski races, cool work projects, or something else, then I easily get up
Kirill Rozhkovskiy
I'm not convinced that what I have could be called motivation :) If I wake up enough early I can do more things which is always better. But if I feel I (body) need more sleep I allow myself oversleeping except very few cases like traveling or really important calls/meetings that could'n be scheduled on more convenient time. In other words, I try organizing my wake-up in the way minimizing violence toward myself. Meaning adjusting go-to-bed time to my body/mind state, knowing how long usually it takes to recover in each particular case.
Ivan Gribin
@mujaji Here's an interesting point, I heard a story, the meaning of which is that even on bad days (days with a bad mood, you can make a record and show a good result). So my opinion is that it is ambiguous to get up on condition, because time goes by and you need to work
Gaurav Parvadiya
By thinking about my 2023 targets. 🤣
Anoir Houmou
Planning out daily tasks the night before.
Angeli Zhao
coffee. coffee. coffee
Moon
I basically Reward myself. Make a reward for getting up early, such as extra time to read or work out before starting the day.
Dias Zhumagaliyev
There is nothing special about waking up early As long as you love your job and want to spend more hours with it. I wake up early (around 7 am) and go to sleep around 1 am
Ivan Gribin
@dias_wlff I agree, but how do you wake up? On your own, without an alarm clock?