• Subscribe
  • How do you motivate co-founder/s to commit with you on an idea?

Frank Sondors
    7 replies

Replies

Kavita
    Roast My Meal by Hoku
    Roast My Meal by Hoku
    Understand what motivates them specifically and reframe how my idea can bring that to them. For example, if they care a lot about revenue, then you want to talk about how this idea can really increase your customer LTV.
    Vlad Zivkovic
    We use to sit and vote.
    Carlos Virreira
    I managed to do this 3x. It takes time. For sure not done in a day. I usually make a communication channel to talk about something that caught my interest. Make sure that I know what my partner's inner motivators are, and talk about those in our chat. Partner A is into 'design' Partner B is into 'prestige' Drop hints, data points, customer lists, design awards that other incumbents got on the industry, and work my way to influence like this. Then, I start sharing my prototypes. If I see them getting involved, I let them dabble at it. At the moment that you hear them say 'I wish I was working on (frank's idea) instead of what I am doing now' you know you hit a good spot. After that, you commit, they commit, and hopefully the morale still is up as you go through the long and taxing process of building business.
    Louis Collins
    I subtly leverage hints, data points, customer lists, and design awards acquired by industry incumbents to gradually influence others.
    Dennis Zax
    Well, I just describe how their passions and experiences would work perfectly for the idea I'm working on and how their role would be important in the business and also a great learning experience for them.
    Roy Carter
    The key is co-ownership, not just of equity but also of the vision and mission. Clearly define roles and responsibilities. Ensure that your co-founder/s share your passion and understand the potential of the idea. Keep communication open and transparent. Regular brainstorming sessions and goal-setting can help maintain motivation. Remember, shared enthusiasm is contagious!