How do you measure the validity of your idea before launching?

Artem Fedoskin
5 replies
Hey indie hackers and product makers! How do you measure your product idea before launching? Does any of you do Jobs to be Done interviews or something like that?

Replies

Aleks Miric
I find relevant communities and see if it's a real problem people are trying to solve. You can also always ask (ideally have a simple landing page ready as well). Reddit is especially great for this, I recommend Surfkey.io by @johancutych to find the relevant conversations there.
Abdullah
Curate a list of your favorite creators and people who you have resonated with on reddit/hn/ph discussions. Reach out to them with your concept. Give a headline and a small pitch. Ask them to be honest with you about the idea. I think, when it comes to idea validation (not product validation), it is best to get first impression feedback from people you have some sort of connection with rather than asking for opinions from strangers.
Before launching a product keep a check on competition. There should be some research and development done on the type of product you are going to launch. It is also necessary to visit your target market place to know how you can improve your business.
We did it with surveys and landing page :)