• Subscribe
  • How do you manage your time to stay active on Product Hunt while managing other responsibilities?

Hamza Afzal Butt
    72 replies
    As creators, makers, and enthusiasts, we're often juggling multiple tasks—whether it's building products, marketing, networking, or personal commitments. Engaging with the Product Hunt community is crucial for feedback, support, and visibility, but finding the time to do so can be challenging. What are your go-to strategies for staying engaged without losing balance? Any tips or tools that help you manage it all? Let’s share!

Replies

Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Start in the morning, and finish in the evening. :) schedule management + when I have some small breaks, I will answer.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika ahaan! I dont see PH in my breaks 😂
    Jonas Gebhardt
    @busmark_w_nika how do you balance ph and twitter and development?
    @hamza_afzal_butt because breaks interrupt your product hunt activity :D
    @jonasge1992 Very difficult :D I am not a developer btw :D
    Zenda
    LinkedCRM AI
    LinkedCRM AI
    Spend a fixed one hour on Product Hunt every day.
    Jonas Gebhardt
    @zenda1122 so that would be 1hr per day for twitter, 1hr for product hunt and rest for development?
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @zenda1122 one hour wont be enough for me :(
    Zenda
    LinkedCRM AI
    LinkedCRM AI
    @hamza_afzal_butt So you have 4.6k points!🤩
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @zenda1122 it takes 3 years 🫥
    Neta Burnum
    @zenda1122 me too, but less time
    maulanahanif
    Balancing time on Product Hunt with other responsibilities involves a few strategies: 1. Set Clear Goals: Define what you want to achieve by spending time on Product Hunt, whether it's discovering new tools, networking, or staying updated. 2. Schedule Dedicated Time: Allocate specific periods during your day or week to explore Product Hunt. This helps ensure that it doesn't interfere with other responsibilities. 3. Use Notifications Wisely: Customize notifications to avoid distractions. Focus on the updates or products most relevant to your interests. 4. Prioritize Tasks: Tackle high-priority responsibilities first and use Product Hunt as a reward or break during less intensive periods. 5. Stay Organized: Keep track of interesting products or trends using lists or notes, so you can revisit them later without needing to constantly check the site. Balancing engagement with other tasks is key to maintaining productivity and staying informed.
    kennethmarko
    @maulanahanif oh wow, good answer. 👍🏻 good job
    M Fikri
    well, the way i can continue to be active using Produt Hunt is by spending 1-2 hours in the morning before doing activities and at night before going to bed. Or when I'm on break time I look around for a while.
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Sorry, it is hard and terribly difficult but the answer is consistency. You stick to it no matter what.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @vaibhavdwivedi Indeed thats what I do ✌️
    josefernando
    To balance time on Product Hunt with other responsibilities: 1. Prioritize: Decide what’s most important on Product Hunt. 2. Schedule: Set specific times for browsing and engaging. 3. Use Alerts: Get notifications for updates to stay informed. 4. Apply Productivity Techniques: Work in focused bursts with breaks. 5. Delegate: Automate or delegate tasks where possible. These steps help you stay active without overwhelming yourself.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @josefernando great approach. Thanks for sharing with us!
    Sen William
    I find setting dedicated time slots for Product Hunt on my calendar really helps. I stick to these times to ensure I stay active while managing other tasks effectively.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @sen_wialiam Its a new approach!
    Vivian
    I set specific times during the day for Product Hunt. By scheduling short, focused sessions, I stay engaged without letting it interfere with other tasks.
    Shannon J. Stafford
    Using Buffer to schedule my posts and setting specific times for Product Hunt in my daily routine keeps me on track. Task management tools also help me play a big role in balancing everything.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @shannon_j_stafford scheduling tool always works but can Buffer connect with product hunt?
    Sheik Born
    To stay active on Product Hunt by breaking up I mange my time into focused sessions and using Trello to keep track of tasks. This approach helps me stay engaged without feeling overwhelmed.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @sheik_born Tasks management tools are great in terms of managing the time
    Janice
    1. Set Specific Goals: Determine how often you want to check Product Hunt and what you aim to achieve during those sessions (e.g., discovering new products, engaging in discussions, or providing feedback). 2. Time Blocking: Allocate specific time slots for Product Hunt activities in your daily or weekly schedule. This helps ensure you dedicate consistent time to the platform. 3. Use Productivity Tools: Consider using timers, task management apps, or browser extensions to stay focused and efficient during your Product Hunt sessions. 4. Prioritize and Filter: Use Product Hunt's features to filter content based on your interests and prioritize products that align with your goals. 5. Engage Strategically: Participate in discussions, upvote products, and leave thoughtful comments, but don't feel obligated to engage with everything.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @janicelewis00 great approach!
    amelia rose
    I use automation tools to streamline interactions. For example, setting up alerts for specific topics or products ensures I stay updated and can engage promptly, even amidst a busy schudule
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @amelia_rosee I like the approach!
    kimchi
    I track my engagement metrics to stay focused on high-impact activities
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @kimch_i Engagement metrics are also a good idea!
    Nola S.
    I block out 15 minutes each morning just for Product Hunt. Helps me stay consistent without distractions
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @nola_s_ro Wao 15 minutes will be enough for you? It takes more than 2 hours on a daily basis
    Joseph Parker
    Product Hunt is part of my coffee routine quick check-ins keep me connected without losing focus on other tasks.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @jo_seph_parker ahaan it sounds great
    Abdul Haseeb
    It's tough to find time for everything, especially Product Hunt! One thing that helps me is setting specific goals. Maybe it's discovering one cool product a day or participating in one discussion. Having a focus makes my time on PH more intentional
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Sophia Davis
    Its up to a person how he/she is going to split the tasks and manages the time. As humans, if we find something interesting or necessary, we make time for that particular activity regardless of our busy schedules.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @sophia_davis5 yeah, very true
    Cary Montrose
    I try to set aside a specific time each day just for Product Hunt. Even if it’s just 15 minutes, it helps me stay connected without feeling overwhelmed.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @cary_montrose focused approch to stay connected
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @cary_montrose Wao you’re really efficient
    Aleksander Brousseau
    I usually check in during my morning coffee or right before bed. It’s a nice way to start or end the day, and it doesn't feel like a chore.
    Ezekiel Adewumi
    Download the app on your phone, close your laptop, and before going to bed spend few minutes with the community