How do you manage your time and stay productive during development sprints?

Eren Nasıroğlu
73 replies

Replies

Victoria
I have a "TODO" list for today, prioritized from high to low. And cross out each task after complete.
Rohan Singhvi
I've seen that time-boxing is a great technique to do the same. Simple, clear and keeps you on your toes!
Sebastien Devaleriola
@nitin_joshi Timeboxing simply means that you open your calendar and enter a block of time that you'll spend on a certain task in the future. Instead of working on the task until it's done, you proactively decide how much time you'll spend on it and when (and even where). That way you limit yourself to a time, and not freely run arrond a task until it’s done. This can either be for yourself in smaller tasks or for entire teams in sprints (Scrum). It helps keep wasted time to a minimum as everyone knows what they have to do, when and for how long. Hope it helps, otherwise let me know.
Sebastien Devaleriola
@nitin_joshi Glad to hear! Are you working with sprint and development projects as well?
Nitin Joshi
@sebastien_devaleriola I am not from developer comunity I will just use this method in digital marketing projects.
@nitin_joshi I like the term time boxing, we call it time blocking here. I don’t like “blocking” sounds very limited
Martin Schumacher
@sharon_owens Which tools you use for your time-tracking?
Martin Schumacher
I have a "structured" day. So every task and break is on a flexible schedule for the day. So to keep my focus straight I switch between tasks, breaks. e. g. developing, productHunt, meeting, lunch, developing... This always helps me recover my focus in developing. Mostly for me, it's harder to make a break instead of staying focused.
Prem Saini
@mighty_muddy I agree with you. I usually break my tasks too and keep a timeline to it which helps me focus completely on what i'm doing!
Lunar
I make sure to plan down all my to-dos and plan my day in advance. It's my secret sauce for keeping everything in order and hitting those deadlines like a champ. It's like having a roadmap that guides me through the day, making sure I stay on track during those intense development sprints. This routine not only amps up my productivity but also helps me focus on the important stuff. It's like having a game plan for success!
Launching soon!
During development sprints, I rely on a few key strategies to manage my time effectively. Prioritization is crucial—I break down tasks, focusing on high-impact items first. Time blocking helps me allocate specific periods for different tasks, ensuring I dedicate uninterrupted focus to each. Regularly reviewing progress against sprint goals helps me stay on track and make necessary adjustments. Additionally, I find that maintaining open communication with the team fosters collaboration and keeps everyone aligned, which ultimately enhances productivity during sprints.
Trang Pham
@qudsia_ali I totally agree with prioritization. Could you please any strategy that you use to prioritize tasks or goals?
Rahul Mishra
Waking up early, yoga, meditation & philosophy helps
Schedule short breaks to recharge.
@azada_shams agree, I hate when big tasks seem overwhelming. Breaking them down make la it seam much easier to accomplish
Vivek Sharma
I prioritize tasks based on importance, set clear goals for each sprint, and use tools like Kanban boards to track progress. Regular communication with the team ensures alignment and quick issue resolution.
@vivek_equp is Kanban like notion?
Alexandra-Rita Don-Baadom
How do I manage my time? Oh boy! The truth is right now (as I am working on my Everything site called Nova Informer), I work over 18 hours a day. Those 18 hours are spent writing, designing, tweaking things and so on and so forth. At this rate, I am going to crash big time 😔
@donalexandrarita you work 18 hours a day? Wow that’s dedication my friend. I hope you also take some free time to prevent burnout
Swati Parida
I prioritize tasks using a time-blocking method, focusing on high-impact activities first. Regular breaks and setting realistic goals help maintain productivity during development sprints.
Prakhar Tandon
To stay productive during development sprints, I adhere to a structured schedule, breaking down tasks into manageable chunks and employing collaborative tools for effective communication and task-tracking
Yogini Bende
Prioritizing tasks is a key. I use focus sprints or the Pomodoro method to divide a day into small parts and then work on tasks accordingly. Helps a lot.
Parth Kunjir
I find breaking tasks into bite-sized chunks and taking short breaks works wonders. What's your go-to method?
Bren Kinfa 💎 SaaS Gems
Prioritize. Take breaks. Recharge. Rinse and repeat.
Mansi Trivedi
Time bounded activities have always been a life saver for me!
Parth Kunjir
Hey everyone, super excited to announce that I'm launching FounderBOSS tomorrow! It's a game-changer for managing your entire startup, saving you loads of time. Would love for you to check it out: https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Max
Hey there! Your approach to managing time and staying productive during development sprints sounds really effective. I'm looking forward to seeing your product launch soon. Do you have any advice for someone like me who's about to launch their own product? Also, I'd love to get your feedback once my product is live. Feel free to click on the "Notify" button to get notified when it's ready. Thanks in advance!
Igor Lysenko
I take breaks from work and have a clear interval.