• Subscribe
  • How do you manage burn out?

Katie
    21 replies
    I experienced burnout for the first time this week. Having to manage my new business, finding a new job to fund daily living and my start-up and personal life. I felt like both of the candles were burning out!

Replies

Andreea S.
    I've found that when burnout hits, the best thing I can do is step away from anything work-related and dive into hobbies that have nothing to do with my job. Spending time in nature also really helps, I love taking walks or just being outside to reset my mind and recharge.
    YanXu
    If you can't escape it, consider it a pleasure.
    Luka Brzin
    I think the best thing you can do is understand what is happening and soak it all in. You probably expirienced a burnout because you care deeply about your life and what you're trying to accomplish (I assume). The next best thing you can do is have a day off; read a book, take nap, go for a walk in nature and hang out with people you care about. This will help you realize that your life isn't actually that bad. The next day, go after it again.
    Katie
    @luka_brzin Thank you for your advice Luka. I actually did take the day off, and took the time to myself. I think Self-care is also really important!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Usually have more activities so I do not feel so down when one aspect of my life doesn't work well.
    Milli Sen
    Change location or make your surroundings inspiring. Go on morning walks and write out what's going on.
    Katie
    @millisen I have started journaling. Hard to keep up with it sometimes, but writing down things definitely help.
    Richa Chordia
    I try to optimise my work environment in the best possible way to avoid any form of cognitive overload. 1. Fixed set of application for use 2. Planned routine and 3. Sometime with family and friends. 4. Exercise. This helps me manage myself even when I am in burn out stage. We have also built an app to avoid such burnouts for social media creators and brands. We want to simplify their life to reduce these burnouts and hassle. Feel free to support us over here: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/soshals
    Maria Anosova 🔥
    Proper allocation of work, family and time for yourself
    Azza Shahid
    I think try to find an activity you enjoy.
    Katie
    @azza_shahid nice! which activity have you found for yourself?
    Echo
    first accept it,and then get some rest,maybe slowdown to think what's the most important,do some minus to your life