• Subscribe
  • How do you keep yourself motivated during product pivots?

Ash Prabaker
    8 replies

Replies

Daniel S
    MLTR: Meal Tracker
    Sounds cliche but take a look at your previous milestones. Seeing how far you've come and what you've achieved gives off great motivation :)
    Daniel S
    @ashprabaker I don't record them per se, just know them. If its something you think you'll forget or need remembering then its just a finished task--not a milestone. But now that you mention it, a selfie with my beta launch on my monitor sounds fun!
    Ash Prabaker
    @dan16 Thanks for the advice, might be a silly question but do you record your milestones somewhere to look back on? I might start, I guess it would make them feel more tangible.
    Prem Saini
    During a pivot, share the rationale for the pivot and the strategy for moving forward with your team and key stakeholders and boom you just realise how motivated you need to be
    Ash Prabaker
    @prem_saini1 that makes a lot of sense, having to rationalise it to others would force me to think it through in a more logical way which i've found to be a helpful mindset in the past. Thanks for the suggestion! It sounds like you have had to do this before - care to share the story?
    Jake Harrison
    You should have a firm belief and love your product from inner part!
    savio lavino
    Find a community of support. Surround yourself with other entrepreneurs and product managers who are going through similar challenges. Having a support system can make a big difference in your motivation and well-being.
    Stephen Maden
    Take breaks. It's important to take breaks, even when you're in the middle of a pivot. Get up and move around, or take a few minutes to clear your head. This will help you come back to your work refreshed and motivated.