• Subscribe
  • How do you insentivise users to write reviews?

Kate Dalessi
    2 replies
    I need to build a system of requesting feedback from users efficiently and I need your input guys. How do you incentivize your users to leave reviews for your product on product marketplaces, like G2, Capterra, and alike?

Replies

Adeeb Malik
    Hey @katedalessi this is a tough one! You can incentivize them with extra credits/tokens (I do not recommend this, should be the last resort), special mentions, etc. There's that, now take a back seat and think why would you do something for someone? 1. Incentive 2. Responsibility/accountability 1. Reward system 2. This is crucial, you'll have to push towards building this right from the start. Create a space with multiple things like badges (just like PH), which would help them showcase something in your product's community, etc. Talk honestly about how their reviews would help and how they are driving (product name) and not you. The gist is to make them feel towards your product, make them feel it is theirs. Best example, PH, what're we all getting commenting and interacting with each other - Network and Product launch help. What would users get? Recognition amidst the product community and new features (because more users will come after reviews, etc.) Let me know what you think!
    Naomi | Beeyond AI
    Product Hunt too. We are wondering how to get users to write reviews for our product, Beeyond AI, on Product Hunt. We have just recently launched and the amount of reviews is still a bit too less, to be honest. 😅 Anyone got any suggestions? And of course, we want reviews from users who have actually used it. Product here, in case you are curious: https://www.producthunt.com/prod...