• Subscribe
  • How do you increase customer retention?

Salar Davari
    29 replies
    Hi everyone. Just curious, apart from the tips we find on the net, how do you improve customer retention?

Replies

Anastasia Dashkevich
    I would say that retention is a pretty complex metric, and to retain better, you need to acquire better as well — target an audience that will more likely interact with your product and convert. Use acquisition channels that perform better in terms of CR, LTV, and CAC. To grow retention, you need to have well-built communication that delivers the value of the product or helps fulfill user needs at a particular moment in time. You can try to improve retention through product development and new use cases, or you can try to build higher top-of-mind awareness through marketing to make your product the number one choice in its category. Pricing adjustments should be used extremely carefully, as when the offer is changed, our users tend to churn back. As always, strategy is a key :)
    Ashik Hameed
    Great question, @salar__davari - Here are a few strategies that have worked well for us: 1. Personalized Communication: Tailoring our communication to individual customer preferences and behaviors has made a big difference. We use customer data to send personalized emails and offers. 2. Excellent Customer Support: Providing timely and helpful customer support builds trust and loyalty. We ensure our support team is easily accessible and responsive. 3. Regular Engagement: We keep our customers engaged with regular updates, newsletters, and content that adds value. Sharing tips, tutorials, and success stories helps keep them connected to our brand. 4. Loyalty Programs: Implementing a loyalty program with rewards and incentives for repeat purchases encourages customers to stay with us. 5. Gathering Feedback: Regularly asking for and acting on customer feedback shows that we value their opinions and are committed to improving their experience. 6. Consistent Value: Continuously delivering value through product updates, new features, and exceptional service keeps customers satisfied and less likely to switch to competitors. These strategies have helped us build strong relationships and improve customer retention. How about you? Any unique approaches you’ve found effective? @salar__davari
    Salar Davari
    @ashikhameed This was really insightful. Thank you Ashik. I think constantly improving our product and giving promo codes to users have been helpful.
    Kan Singh
    Retention requires continuous improvement. The article should highlight the importance of gathering customer feedback through surveys, reviews, or support interactions. Actively listening to customer concerns and implementing improvements based on their feedback demonstrates that you care and are committed to their satisfaction.
    Jonah Muye
    Focus on Customer Experience, Not Just Transactions: Customer retention is all about building relationships. This article should emphasize creating a positive customer experience from the first interaction onwards. Loyal customers aren't just about discounts; they feel valued and appreciate the overall experience with your brand.
    Mileva
    Its a nice question so we have to think about this🤔 We have to increase customer retention, focus on delivering excellent customer service and creating a positive experience at every touchpoint. Offer them a good communication, rewards, and loyalty programs to show appreciation.
    Hossein Yazdi
    I think this requires AI insights and some useful analytics. You can find some useful related tools here; https://webcurate.co/c/crm
    Peter Nick
    I focus on building strong relationships with customers by regularly engaging with them through personalized emails and social media interactions. It helps create a sense of community and loyalty.
    Peter Nick
    I always use the Contrast Checker tool to ensure our color palettes are accessible. Conducting user tests with screen readers like NVDA has also been incredibly helpful.
    M Sulaiman
    Increasing customer retention goes beyond the usual tips you find online. Here are a few strategies that have worked well for us: Personalized Customer Experience: Tailor your interactions and offerings based on customer preferences and behaviors. Personal touches can significantly enhance customer loyalty. Regular Engagement: Keep your customers engaged through consistent and valuable communication. This could be through newsletters, social media, or personalized emails. Exceptional Customer Service: Provide fast, helpful, and empathetic support. Happy customers are more likely to stick around and become repeat buyers. Loyalty Programs: Reward your loyal customers with exclusive discounts, early access to new products, or special perks. This encourages repeat purchases and long-term loyalty. Gather and Act on Feedback: Regularly seek customer feedback and make improvements based on their suggestions. This shows that you value their opinions and are committed to meeting their needs. PS: We’re launching SEOPro on Product Hunt on July 30th! It's designed to optimize on-page SEO for Shopify stores, helping you attract and retain more customers. Your support would be greatly appreciated!
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Gamification. For example, I use the concept of Streaks in my product, Selftalk.ing, to keep you accountable.
    Ray Dhillon
    Value, and making the customer feel wanted. Following up with anything you could add or tailor make to their experience.
    Jayesh Gohel
    Hey @salar__davari how to keep customers coming back (customer retention): Know Your Customers The key to keeping customers happy is understanding them! What are they looking for? How does your product or service help them? Once you know this, you can tailor your approach to their needs and build a stronger relationship. Make Them Feel Great Awesome Customer Service: Treat your customers like royalty! Help them quickly and solve problems with a smile. Special Touches: Don't just sell, personalize! Recommend things they'll love, offer exclusive discounts, and make them feel like an insider. Reward Loyalty: Say "thanks" for sticking with you! Loyalty programs with points or tiers are a great way to show appreciation and encourage repeat business. Listen and Improve Ask Questions: Get feedback from your customers. Surveys, reviews, and chats with your support team are all goldmines of information. Use what you learn to make things even better! Keep Them Informed: Let your customers know what's going on with your business. New products, special offers, or just a friendly update go a long way. Build a Community Connect Your Customers: Create a space where customers can chat, share experiences, and help each other out. This builds a sense of community and makes them feel like they belong. Surprise and Delight Little Extras: Go the extra mile! Offer unexpected perks, early access to new products, or a birthday shout-out. These little surprises create a positive feeling about your brand. Show Appreciation: A simple "thank you" for their business shows you care! Personalized messages, exclusive discounts, or early access to sales are all ways to make them feel valued. Remember, keeping customers happy is a continuous process. By focusing on their needs and always going the extra mile, you'll build a loyal following that keeps your business growing!
    CY Zhou
    One effective way to increase customer retention is by providing exceptional customer service and personalized experiences. Additionally, implementing a loyalty program can incentivize repeat purchases and foster long-term relationships.
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    I worked as Head of Customer Success at B2B SAAS with hundreds SME clients on an annual subscription There are no silver bullets, but some tactics are common and I will start experiments from here: 1. Get true usage metric. And teach customer success/product to use it At some point you get deeper in analytics and understand, sessions don't mean that customer a). used it for real b). got value We built software for automation. For us true usage was when customer pushed the developed bot to production. Before that, we looked at "activities" while customers build bots. With new metrics, we started to see users who tried to build bots (activity) but didn't get value or spent to much time 2. Make sure you Activate customers in the first place. The biggest increase in retention came from fixing % customers who completed activation (deployed their first bot) within the first month. 3. Talk to customers. Obvious but true When you are a small, you also can get some heavy hitters from your team to a call like CEO, CPO, etc 4. Build plays and knowledge base This applies to the stages when you're beginning to establish customer support or success teams. Best plays have • written action plan • email drafts • examples Ofc there are many more things to try like • Creating educational materials • Consistently nurturing your customers •Automatically sending NPS/CSAT surveys quarterly to gain visibility on customers
    elsa_jonathan
    I ensure that our communication is always transparent and honest, building trust and long-term loyalty with our users.
    Mitchell Marshall
    I create a robust knowledge base and support center so users can easily find solutions to their problems.
    Luke Nick
    I leverage social proof by showcasing testimonials and case studies from happy customers to reinforce trust.
    Luke Wright
    I run regular promotions and special offers to keep users excited about our product and coming back for more.
    Hadi Ahmed
    Reward them
    Alex Kayahan
    One of the best performing strategy is to form community on slack or discord. So far the top performing tools I've been using like Autotab or Lemlist are doing so. It is not only a retention strategy but a recovery and acquisition method as well. Some of the community formations that you may get inspired; - Outbound Hub - Ramen Club - NCF - Autotab