How do you handle burnout for yourself and /or your team?

Mahsum Akbaş
6 replies
Hi everyone, Burnout is one of the most challenge health & mental issue we faced. From one side is too much to do but other side your health. How do you keep balance and handle possible burnout situations?

Replies

Xalo Roubin
for myself, I try to to my hobbies, keep stability for start & end working hours, spend time with people I love and remember self-respect.
Jerry Rodriguez
Promoting work-life balance, setting clear expectations, and encouraging regular breaks are key
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
Take care of yourself first, be the example. Take time off. Promote health and wellness. Celebrate and organize to be proactive so the team doesn't burn out.
Steven Birchall
There will always be too much to do, so on one hand, it's accepting that you'll never do everything you want, and working out what is the most important. If you can't accept that, unfortunately trying to set work-life balance, or looking after yourself becomes significantly more difficult. From there, it's encouraging yourself and your team to take breaks and switch off, to look after themselves in some way, whether that's making sure they get enough sleep, exercise well, etc, and trying to run the business at a maintainable pace.
James Sukosd
A few things: 1) We've created boundaries, some people don't want to be called after work hours and that's fine. Others are fine working on weekends. Communicating and respecting you and your teams boundaries is important. 2) Focus on yours and your teams wellness , I know it's tough especially when you are starting out to have a wellness program but giving people ample breaks, having meditation workshops or yoga workshops is a good idea. 3) By doing the same thing day in and day out people will burn out, rotate people's task, even if it's one day a week. Ask your devs what else they like to do and find tasks that intersect with their interests. 4) This is more of a team thing: recognize them. I find a lot of managers don't really understand how much work their staff does day to day and teams get frustrated because they feel like their work goes unnoticed. Real recognition and appreciation will keep morale high
Daniel Zaitzow
Mix in a walk - go to the gym - read a fiction book. Put everything into perspective and understand its a marathon not a sprint. Try to tell yourself theres no actual finish line so enjoy the journey.