How do you got to your first 200 paying users without being active on social media?

Maja Perovic Baines
9 replies
I started building Zeroin in 2018. We got hit by Covid, then I become a mom for the third time and, finally, this year we managed to get where we want to be. We had successful AppSumo launches in 2020 and 2021 (just to get some money and feedback in). After ironing out the product, we are at 50 paying users and 3100 total.

Replies

Jolyn Ng
Awesome! How did you accomplish that?
Maja Perovic Baines
@jolyn_jobwiz by not giving up :). To be honest, I own another business and that kept us afloat financially trough all the tough years. Paid users came from advertising and outbound emailing and AppSumo brought us some good amount of lifetime users. At this stage we are getting 20-40 free accounts per month with very little or no advertising, but we have been working on organic traffic for 4 months now.
Jolyn Ng
@marketrepublic Thanks for sharing your experience Maja! We are trying to break into a niche market of fair hiring with employers and advice like these are really helpful and realistic :)
Neha Khan
Maintaining an active presence on social media is crucial, in my opinion. However, there are numerous social media scheduling tools available, such as Social Champ, that can be valuable in ensuring consistent engagement on social media platforms. These tools can aid in managing and scheduling content effectively, enabling users to stay active and maintain a strong presence on social media platforms.
Maja Perovic Baines
@neha_khan78 any recommendations for LinkedIn? I promised myself I only want to write authentic stories about our product and our journey and that cannot be outsourced. So I'm dedicating one day a week for a month worth of posts and stories.
Neha Khan
@marketrepublic You may slide in my DM, I could publish your company's success story on Social Champ's Website, I beleive that would be great for you.