How do you get your first investment?

Vlad Goncharov
10 replies
Our team for a long time has been bootstrapping our startup, but now it significantly limits our growth. What advice can you give to someone who is raising funds for the first time? Or maybe you can just share how you got your first investments.

Replies

Artem Bukharin
Are you asking about the 3F rule? friends family fools
Raffaele Zarrelli
If u are in a seed stage, my advice is to “convert” your customers (the most loyal) into investors. The “smart money” investors can bring a lot of value in terms of visibility, growth and know-how (specially if u work in the b2b field)
@raffaele_zarrelli Yes, good idea. We are mainly a B2C solution, but maybe we will be able to find investors in our customer base
QING LI
Great question! Getting your first investment can be a challenging but rewarding process. Here’s some advice based on my experience: Start with a Strong Pitch Deck: Your pitch deck should clearly outline your problem, solution, market opportunity, business model, and traction. Make it compelling and concise. Build a Prototype or MVP: Investors want to see something tangible. Having a working prototype or MVP can significantly increase your chances of securing investment. Leverage Your Network: Reach out to friends, family, and professional contacts. They can provide initial funding or introduce you to potential investors. Join Startup Accelerators: Programs like Y Combinator, Techstars, and 500 Startups can provide seed funding, mentorship, and valuable connections. Attend Pitch Events and Competitions: These events are great for meeting investors and getting feedback on your pitch. Look for local and international events. Research Potential Investors: Look for investors who have funded similar startups or are interested in your industry. Tailor your pitch to align with their interests and investment criteria. Show Traction: Demonstrating user growth, revenue, or any other key metrics can make your startup more attractive to investors. How I Got My First Investment In my case, working in AI and OCR, I secured my first investment by: Building a Strong Network: I attended numerous industry events and meetups to connect with potential investors and mentors. Creating a Compelling MVP: We developed a functional prototype that showcased the potential of our OCR technology. Joining an Accelerator: We got into an accelerator program that provided initial funding and access to a network of investors. Pitching Continuously: We pitched at various events and competitions, refining our pitch based on feedback. If you’re dealing with a lot of documents and need to streamline your PDF management, tools like pdftopdf.ai can be incredibly helpful. It's a powerful tool for converting and optimizing PDFs using advanced OCR technology, which can save you time and resources.
Mihir From PdfGPT.IO
I am still looking for my first investment for Pdfgpt.io
Gurkaran Singh
Securing your first investment is like navigating a maze in the dark – challenging but not impossible! Just remember, investors love a good story, so tell yours with passion and data-driven flair to light the way to funding success!
Trader BinQosim
hmmmm, not yet, we are still trying to get our first investment