How do you get over the 2pm slump? 🥱

Martina Hackbartt
5 replies
Hey there, Product Hunters! Let's talk about something we've all experienced—the dreaded afternoon slump. I'm no stranger to this energy-draining phenomenon, and I'm sure many of you can relate. From the frustrating mental fog to the struggle to stay focused, I've been through it all. But this isn't just about my story—I want to hear from you too. How do you cope with the energy dip after lunch? What tricks have you discovered to regain focus and productivity during this challenging time? Some people choose to take a power nap, some others arrange their workday to fit a workout at 2 pm, and some others drink a lot of caffeine. What are your techniques?

Replies

Jamie Sprowl
I really relate to this! I always get sleepy right around this time. I do like to step away and refocus, usually with some outdoor time walking my dog. On cold and dreary days, I save my coffee for the afternoons. :)
Uma Venugopal
Beetroot juice. Works like a charm to push the oxygen to your brain and awaken you. Added bonus: great skin and healthy gut.
Nathan Luke
A quick 15-20 minute nap.
Hamid Khan
A cup of tea or coffee helps me focusing better.