• Subscribe
  • How do you gain social proof without any customers?

Sagar Patel
    8 replies
    How do you establish social proof for your product? Especially if that product is new, and nobody has used it before!

Replies

Tej Garikapati
    This is one model that worked for me. It was a subscription model saas. I reacged out to influencers, gave them free 1 month access and they got to keep the enire first month revenue for people joining through their affiliate link. worked like magic.
    Sagar Patel
    @tej_sai that’s a good strategy! I’ll definitely reach out to some online personalities to see if I can get them to use my saas product!
    Prema Toppo
    Integrate Feedspace and collect testimonials, reviews using link or QR code and share it on social platforms or create a ‘Wall of Love’
    Sagar Patel
    @prema_toppo thanks! I’ll check out feed space too!
    Product Marketing With Dawn-Marie
    Hello @sagarpatel10 getting social proof without having any customers yet can be challenging, but it's certainly not impossible. Here are some tactics that I have used in the past to encourage people to try your product giving you the chance to gain social proof even if you don't yet have existing customers: 1. Offer your product for free or at a huge discount to a select group of individuals. Right now I have a product in beta test that I have offered to a select group of beta testers. I have put all beta testers into a FB group and I am nurturing and building relationships with them, so they can use the product and naturally they will give me feedback. It is working well so far. When I have their feedback, I then add it to my sales page. 2. You can collaborate with influencers or experts in your industry who align with your product. Give them access to your product for an honest review. If they think that the product is valuable, they may even go on to share it with their audience. 3. As you would with influencers, try reaching out to bloggers or review websites in your niche. Give them a complimentary access to your product in exchange for an unbiased review. 4. I love using case studies and use scenarios: I do this by creating hypothetical case studies or use scenarios that show how my product can solve specific problems. In the past I've even written a blog post with my story of why I created the product and the results that I got as a way to promote it and that proved successful, helping me land my first few customers. You can even present these case studies in a visually appealing and compelling way on your website and marketing materials. They may not be real customer experiences, but they show the potential benefits of your product. 5. Another way that's working for me is demo videos. I do a detailed walkthrough of the product so that my website visitors can see it for themselves. That has helped me get my first few customers as well. You want to provide detailed demonstrations, highlighting the key features and benefits allowing prospects to build confidence in your product's functionality. 6. Have you thought about using social media platforms to create anticipation? This will work if you already have an audience though. You can share sneak peeks, behind-the-scenes, or product development updates. Engage with your audience and encourage them to share their thoughts and expectations. This interaction can create a buzz around your product. Remember, the key is to create a positive and trustworthy image for your product, even before having a substantial customer base. Engage with your audience genuinely, be transparent about your product's features and limitations, and actively seek feedback. Over time, as you gain more customers, their testimonials and positive experiences will further add to your social proof. I hope that helps.
    Sagar Patel
    @dawn_marie_n thanks for such a detailed response! I’ll apply these steps! I haven’t done any influencer out reach, and I think that’s where I am missing out!