How do you gain followers on PH? 🤔

Luka Vasic
12 replies
I have been active in the community for 2 months and 2 days ago I noticed my followers count, I have never paid attention to it, I mostly paid attention to the karma points. I post a few discussions a week and reply to a lot of threads so that is no problem. So how do you get new followers?

Replies

Amna Irshad
"Take part in the discussion. Follow the profiles commenting on your posts. Follow the profiles upvoting your comments. Be honest and be yourself."
Angeli Zhao
@amna_irshad1 Thank you for this, any reason we should be following the profiles who comment on our posts though? I usually do, but they don't follow back that much.
Saif Ullah Khalid
Take part in the discussion regularly. If people like your discussion, they will start following you.
Amelia Charlie
Keep consistent content, follow others' profiles to expand your connections, and regularly participate in discussions.
Luka Vasic
@amelia_charlie I noticed i forgot the "follow others" part. Just started following people yesterday
Andrew Isherwood
Similar to other community-driven sites, and as others have said. Partaking in discussion with something more constructive than "agreed". But it feels easier here than on some of the other sites (like linkedin)
Luka Vasic
@andrew_isherwood1 agreed haha. I commented above that I think I should be following more people as I neglected that part
Fabian Maume
Being active in the discussions is the most effective. If you provide a good answer it will make you gain some followers. You can also try to follow some people and hope for following back. You can check out upvoters of a similar product to yours.
Daniel Engels
what's your domain of expertise?