How do you first connect with users to get their feedback?

Parıltı Erkan ✨
22 replies
User feedback is extremely valuable in the early stages of product development. However, reaching users and collecting feedback can be challenging. How do you handle this?

Replies

Erick Philbert
Actively reach out to them through referrals or direct contact...
Tyrone Robb
Launching soon!
Send people personalised emails when they sign up. Make it obvious that it’s not generic or at least try to make your template email heavily customised. Ask how you can help them, is there anything they are stuck on and anything they would like to see you add or change. It’s tough but the rate of response is always lower than we would like.
@interseed_ty yess, I tried multiple times and sent surveys as well but could not get many responses, unfortunately. :(
Eliza Crescini
These are the things we do in collecting our users feedback: 1. User interviews: We conduct 1-1 or group interviews with potential or current users to understand their pain points, preferences, and expectations. This direct interaction provides in-depth insights into their experiences and motivations. 2. Beta testing: We invite a select group of users to test an early version of our product or service. Their feedback will help us identify bugs, improve usability, and refine features before a wider release. 3. Customer support interactions: We analyze customer support tickets and interactions to identify recurring issues, feature requests, and areas for improvement. These interactions provide valuable insights into our user's pain points and satisfaction levels. 4. Usability testing: We conduct usability testing sessions to observe how users interact with our product or service. This allows us to identify usability issues, optimize user flows, and improve the overall user experience. Hope it helps :)
Romio
offer something in return for their time. like guides, templates, etc.
@romiojoseph good idea! Do you think a discount could work?
Romio
@parilti_erkan the discount attracts only if they're interested in the product, right? If your target audience have something in common that's the best thing to bet I believe.
Andrew Doan
You can try this one: https://doran.app. It allows you to connect with others and collect your product feedbacks.
@imandrewdoan Thanks Andrew! I signed up now. How to reach customers when I post an announcement?
Andrew Doan
@parilti_erkan Doran will send emails to all your subscribers. Also, you can show your announcements inside your product or separate it to a page, eg, https://changelog.doran.app/posts
Igor Lysenko
If you use the application for a long time, you can request user feedback and find out the problems of the application.
@ixord thanks! What do you think about the early stage? At the beginning of the product development receiving feedback could mean a lot!
Brenna Donoghue
We created a closed Insiders channel on our Discord which is where we share early releases and test versions and ask for feedback. Has been amazing and much easier than what we were doing before (which was over email).
@brenna_donoghue really? Great insight Brenna, I will try it for sure! Since I tried many times to collect feedback via email, I failed. We had Slack channel that invite closed insider but it is also not active do you think Discord would work better than Slack?
Brenna Donoghue
@parilti_erkan I think Slack and Discord are similar in a lot of ways, but really depends on your user base and where they spend time. Discord has been good for us for sure.