• Subscribe
  • How do you find time to work on your personal projects after work?

Vaibhav Shinde
    20 replies

Replies

Harald Frank
    You don't find time, you make time. I can recommend the book Make Time from @jake_knapp and John Zeratsky with some good hacks. The SKILLFIRE App offers some helpful tools & tactics, too.
    Vaibhav Shinde
    @haribelafonte07 looks like an interesting read. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Simon🍋
    Time block that shit and protect it fiercely.
    Milap Singh
    Creating checklist and Prioritisation
    Joseph Adediji
    Spend your evenings, 6pm - 11pm on your personal projects.
    Christian Canlubo 🚀
    Make time.. that's the key>
    Kevin D
    Schedule 2 hours after my family goes to bed.
    Yanlin Wu
    @kevin_here quite inspiring, really need to manage our time
    Vaibhav Shinde
    @kevin_here thats the best time, no distractions and its quiet!
    itrat batool
    list of priority tasks always help.
    Emin Araki
    Prioritization.
    Wade Clark
    @eminaraki one of my favorite lines I ever heard was "it's not that your don't have time, it's just not a priority"
    Vaibhav Shinde
    @wadeclark Correct. When you’re new as an engineer in a company usually you end up spending a disproportionate time on your work. Over time you start prioritising things.
    Alberto Rossi
    1) Be realisticwork after work is not a life best practice (all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy) 2) schedule and plan your tasks across the week using the SMART criteria (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) 3) create strong routines little by little, this will help you be more consistent without much effort. I know these are very generic tips but see them as a starting point, only you know exactly how to find the right balance and it works the same as for anything else. Trying, potentially failing, trying again until you find it.
    Vaibhav Shinde
    @alberto_rossi88 Yeah, it's hard to allocate time for it unless you plan for it in advance. This is helpful!
    Paige Marie
    I'd say time-block like crazy. I made a calendar event for my project work, just like a meeting. Once it’s on the calendar, I treat it like something I have to show up for. This also helps me mentally separate my project time from my “work” work. That and lots of caffeine :)
    Yanlin Wu
    @paige_marie_ time-block! brilliant, it helps a lot
    scott matherly
    If its mandatory then I can manage.
    Huzaifa Hannan
    Finding time for personal projects after work is about prioritizing tasks and using tools like Profreetools to streamline efforts. Stay organized and focus on small daily wins for success. Visit Site: https://profreetools.com/