• Subscribe
  • How do you find the right marketing candidate from a pool of 1000s of applicants?

Aishwarya
    12 replies
    Before suggesting ATS I want to say that I know about it. I wanted to ask if you have shortlisted say 50 candidates, would you invite all of them for an interview? What should be the criteria for selecting a final candidate given that someone wants to hire a person with: - x years of exp in Social Media Marketing - x years in Canva - x years in content writing

Replies

Aurther Bella
    I’d start by looking for someone who really gets our brand and audience.
    Aishwarya
    @aurther_bella agreed. Problem is, we get an insight on this only we interview them. I don't want to waste 100 hours on interviewing.
    Alex AI
    1. Portfolio. 2. Have a clear description of what you've achieved Instead of X years in Canva - 123 infographics/ 42 e-books X years on Facebook - running communitites/ads/writing posts specific results from the activities
    Aishwarya
    @byalexai Thanks for the suggestion. Question: even if I have this, problem is how should I filter out low-qualified applicants. Honestly, a lot of people lie in their CV and especially if its a form. I have even tried to put a security question, where I ask applicants to fill a form and answer to a security question whose answer is available in the JD. No results
    Arthur Miller
    I'd look for someone with a combination of creative and analytical skills.
    Aishwarya
    @arthur_millerb agreed. Problem is, we get an insight on this only we interview them. I don't want to waste 100 hours on interviewing.
    Aryan Kohli
    I’d focus on candidates who have hands-on experience in marketing, especially those who have worked in a similar industry .
    Jai Singhal
    That's a one of the tough job TBH
    Gaurav Singhal
    It's a hard cookie. IMO you can everything you have but still you will have to take in some interviews to find out about the candidates. If you don't want to waste your time on this then hire someone who can take 10-15 mins of Get-To-Know call and this person will be able to filter 70-80% of the applications.
    Sukumar
    I believe the key is to prioritize candidates who have direct experience in the areas you need, like social media marketing and content writing. You want someone who has already demonstrated success in similar roles.
    William Campbell
    I think reviewing portfolios or past work is crucial. It gives you a tangible sense of their skills and style, which is often more telling than just a resume.