How do you feel about using Facebook groups as a tool for building your community?

Felya Bilgen
22 replies

Replies

Kailash
Facebook groups are great for reaching your target audience. It's a direct way to chat with them and share things. But, you need to keep the group lively and share interesting stuff often. Making your group bigger takes effort and time
Dzmitry Tsemirau
It all depends on your product. For B2C Facebook might work. For B2B it's not the best choice.
Dzmitry Tsemirau
@alina_cl I didn't say it wouldn't work, I wouldn't just choose FB as the first priority. Take a look at https://bootcampdigital.com/blog... Because of the audience, its intent and the content types it's not the very best choice for B2B, as for me.
Marvin Mändle
I don't have any experiences from the past. I would say, it depends on your product, niche and your ICP.
Matej Cabadaj
I had to deactivate my FB for some time ago…all I was seeing was ads and paid posts😅 so I personally would always rather choose a different platform. But of course, depends on the customer profile🤔
ISTIAK AHMAD
Felya, if your targeted audience are mostly available on Facebook then facebook groups are great in my opinion.
ISTIAK AHMAD
@felicitias Super cool Felya, Also do you consider outreaching to your targeted audience as a marketing method as well? As you already know i am launching meta compliant whatsapp marketing/outreaching software, i think you should try it. Currently onboarding people for beta or testing the software . If you are interested to test to see if its a good use for your use case , do let me know (: 😎
Janie Baek
Have others had experience managing communities on a different platform than Facebook? Discord, Slack, etc? If yes, then what was your experience?
Mikhail
@janie_baek The majority of Web3 and Crypto related projects have Discord community channels. As a member of a few - it is easy to use but must be quite challenging to manage
Felya Bilgen
@janie_baek We have a Discord community, and it works great! We have currently 4500+ community members on Discord.
Mikhail
I think it depends on your audience and location. Some people would prefer Telegram Community channel over Facebook , some are using WhatsApp Community Channels(not me for sure). But i have a feeling that Facebook groups are half dead at this point
Alexandru Purdoiu
I haven't tried using Facebook groups for community engagement. However, I use Slack and Discord for community engagement. Give it a try and see how it works for your goals and audience.
Felya Bilgen
@alexandru_purdoiu We have already a Discord Community. We have 4500+ community members, still growing. I now wanna try Facebook.
Felya Bilgen
@alexandru_purdoiu It is about AI-powered Apps we built and automation 🚀🚀you can join via community.robomotion.io
Dentist
Leveraging Facebook groups is a smart approach for engaging with your target audience, especially for GK Dental. It offers a direct means of interaction and sharing valuable content. Yet, sustaining an active and lively group demands ongoing commitment. Growing your group's membership demands perseverance and a long-term investment of time and energy.
ALberto Doriguzzi Bozzo
I've tried but the feedback wasn't that great it was a bit disappointing. I need to learn to engage people in a better way because I think there are many potentials users. I will try soon again.