• Subscribe
  • How do you ensure that your designs are culturally sensitive and relevant?

Elijah Bruce
    5 replies

Replies

Christopher Allen Scott
    Culture is key! I always try to research the audience's background to understand what design elements resonate. Collaborating with local designers or getting feedback from the community helps too. The more you can tailor the visuals to their tastes and traditions, the better the designs will connect.
    Walter E. Strunk
    I research the cultural backgrounds of the target audience. Understanding their values and traditions helps create relevant designs.
    Dinda Nancy
    Using culturally drives references in mood boards helps identify potential sensitivities early in the design process.
    Jonathan Edward Brooks
    Def research the cultural background and values of your target audience. Also consider getting feedback from people of that culture to ensure your designs resonate and avoid unintended offense. Anthropic's Constitutional AI might be able to help flag potentially insensitive content too.
    Meher Goel
    Besides market research, I think having a diverse team of consultants/people you speak with is important too. Diversity of thought can be a game changer.