• Subscribe
  • How do you engage with videos in a Product Hunt Launch Campaign?

JoJo
    8 replies
    1. What’s the likelihood that you will click on a video in a product launch? 2. How often do you watch these videos with the sound on? 3. Do you prefer videos with BGM or those with how-to or intro voiceovers? 4. If you re the maker, however much time will you invest in the video production? Any difficulties that you often face?

Replies

Konrad S.
    Good questions! 1. If the product looks really interesting I'll check the video 2. Always 3. What's BGM? 4. Don't have experience with video production, didn't make a lauch video yet
    Konrad S.
    @jojo_li Thanks. I prefer voiceovers,
    JoJo
    @konrad_sx BGM means that some rhythmic instrumental music, like the background music in Apple commercials.
    Steven Y
    @konrad_sx I believe it's background music
    Steven Y
    Interesting! 1. Almost always 2. Did not pay attention to that🤔 3. how-to or intro voiceovers. 4. I think it is very important since it is the first impression, but have not tried it yet
    1. If I'm interested in the product, I'll click on the video 2. Always 3. How-to and intro voiceovers. Music-only videos don’t give enough info 4. It takes at least half a day. Screen recording errors and syncing voiceovers are tough
    Chelsea
    For video clicks, it really depends on if it looks interesting and relevant to me. I'll often watch videos without sound, especially if I'm out and about. I prefer voiceovers for informative videos, BGM for promos. Video production takes time and faces technical challenges. But it's rewarding when it comes together.
    FY
    1. If there is a video, I'm most likely to click on it. 2. Absolutely. 3. I believe how-to or introductory voiceovers is better. 4. I attempted to create a screen recording, but it turned out to be quite boring, and I made several mistakes. Editing it afterward took a significant amount of time, and my quality requirements dropped during the process due to the difficulty involved.