How do you effectively measure the ROI of influencer marketing campaigns?

Gus Oliveira
4 replies
The best thing I've used is coupon codes for each influencer, but what else have you tried to effectively measure influencer ROI?

Replies

Valentin Echavarria
The reality is that you will never be able to arrive at an exact number when trying to measure influencer marketing campaigns, especially when the volume of influencers and content uploaded is increasing. You must take into account the following OKRs, which are obtained by analyzing the tools provided by each platform you use (Google Analytics, Content Creator Account, your own CRM with links from your product/page/link to the destination you want the user to go to), put them together and with them generate a single report that shows the ROI of the campaigns. 1. The percentage of clicks (CTR) 2. Conversion of visitors to the free trial period 3. Conversion from free trial to paying customer 4. Refund requests 5. Re-subscribing customers I share with you a document where I detail in more detail each of these points and tips to find content creators effectively. I hope you find it helpful! https://docs.google.com/document...
Daniel Zaitzow
I think its multi-fold - tracking direct sales is obviously the easiest way to determine if there was an IMMEDIATE impact but it is a marketing cost that might not directly equate to sales - rather visibility which is nearly impossible to quantify. Engagement of their post - traffic upticks on your site - signups within the window are all other metrics that I think might add some insight into the effectiveness of a campaign. I find a lot of parallels between marketing and dietary restrictions. It is really hard to determine the EXACT cause a food might have because its taken in addition to hundreds of other variables. The same thing in marketing - the influencer is just one cog in the wheel that is your marketing strategy so even measuring conversions AROUND when they are posting / engaging - you might just have a blog that is doing really well or a community that has been talking about the product that drives that bump.