How do you describe the work you do to your family?

Anil Yarimca
18 replies
Share your funny stories of trying to explain your job to baffled family members. ๐Ÿ˜…

Replies

Bencreatives
I sell products that you can't touch ahahaha
Anil Yarimca
They're convinced I'm just messing around on the computer all day till last year. And don't even get me started on working from home โ€“ they think I'm on permanent vacation! But hey, at least I used to get some quality family time, even if it involves a lot of interrupted "work"! ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚
Yami Sun
Launching soon!
@h_anil_yarimca They know I'm building something and sometimes watching YouTubes. :) We're launching "Cascad3 - A decentralized inspiration-driven publishing platform" on Product Hunt soon. I would appreciate your support and feedback by clicking the "Notify Me" button to stay tuned and be the first to know when Cascad3 debuts on the stage.๐Ÿ‘‡ producthunt.com/products/cascad3 Thank you! Best regards, Yami
Haralds Gabrฤns Zukovs
They just call me LinkedIn guy, though it is a lot more than that! :D
Anil Yarimca
@haralds_gabrans_zukovs Haha, the struggle is real! I wish I could be upgraded to the "LinkedIn Guy" in my family too! ๐Ÿ˜„
Samuel Rondot
โ€œI work on internetโ€, my parents are teachers so there is no way for me to try to explain them the goal of LinkedIn automation for sales prospecting
Milli Sen
Work from home.
Nolan Wang
Haha love this, this is funny. Tried to explain Investment Banking once to my family before and in the ended decided to just wrap up the conversation and said "you know what, it's accounting" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sahil๐ŸŽงโš›๏ธ
hahaha they think I just stare at the screen and type out random stuff, I work from home btw.
Ivo Ivanovski
Like Barney Stinson xD
Anil Yarimca
@ivo_ivanovski Haha, legendary! So, you're suited up for success, just like Barney? ๐Ÿ˜„