How do you decide which products to support on PH?

Jonni Gani
29 replies
Or do you follow the crowd and only vote the top ones?

Replies

Aravind Parameswaran
I look for interesting products specially in AI (duh!) - good thing is that at the beginning of the day PH doesn't show vote counts & bias you.
@imaravind Yeah I like that part. But there are so many products to go through, though. How do you handle that?
Aravind Parameswaran
@jgani That's true! There's just so many of them.. I try to skim through the long list and go deeper on the ones where the "Problem" that they are solving resonates with me. How about you? Do you have an interesting approach?
Igor Lysenko
I myself evaluate the product and vote.
@ixord There are so many products, though? How do you find and evaluate them?
Milli Sen
I vote for AI products that are useful and beneficial.
Jaypy Build
I vote for mate who need support for their launch. And I often scroll here and upvote the product I like :)
Michael Shver
I mostly look for something potentially useful, generally interesting, or aligned with my interests. Or I try to support people who ask for support!
@michaelshver And we will return the favour when you launch :) When's the big day?
Mohammed Kheezar Hayat
I always click on 'New' and try to help underrrated posts. Supporting products flows from there.
Julia Engelsmann
I take a look at which products I'm interested in at first glance and then read up on them
@julia_engelsmann Do you just find them from the homepage?
André J
Launching soon!
By using my product sensibility. 😏
Daniel Pirciu
I usually support two types of products: founders I know they build great products, and new products that I haven't used before
@daniel_pirciu Where do you go to find these products? The homepage?
Daniel Pirciu
@jgani I start by looking at the Featured launches and then move to the All tab. I found a great detail of interesting products listed in the All sections and not featured by PH.
Yogita Gholap
I do check the homepage; obviously, the featured ones are eye-grabbers. So, just scan the list. If it's useful, upvote it. Secondly, support people who ask for support!
@yogita_pg How far do you can the homepage? Do you go beyond the top 3?
Yogita Gholap
@jgani I usually scroll through the entire page. I believe there are 17 featured products on launch day, but I check out the top 5 or 6.
Otis Wu
Deciding which products to support on Product Hunt often hinges on the innovation they bring and their potential to solve real-world problems. It's about spotting those hidden gems that can truly make a difference in their respective fields.
Deciding which products to support on Product Hunt boils down to innovation and community impact. I look for solutions that not only solve real-world problems but also inspire and engage the PH community.
Heyalbert
Based on the concept and idea of the product.