How do you decide whether to upvote a product or not on Product Hunt?

Sanja Micic
15 replies

Replies

Gurkaran Singh
I usually upvote a product on Product Hunt if it makes me go "Oh, that's clever!" or "Wow, how did they even think of that?"β€”kind of like finding hidden treasure in a sea of apps.
Igor Lysenko
I like to watch demo videos and then look at screenshots.
First thing I do is to visit the website. If it's clear what they're doing from the website, then I scroll and understand briefly, sometimes even signup and try it, and then make a comment and upvote. Sounds like a lengthy process, but it isn't. And otherwise, it feels shallow.
Sanja Micic
@vertikanigam That sounds like a thoughtful and thorough approach! It's definitely more valuable than leaving a shallow comment without any real engagement.
@sanja_micic Absolutely. Some might say I'm wasting time though, but I don't think so. Some products are awesome that I find there.
Jerryton
Launching soon!
Initially, I see whether the product is relevant to me. If it is, I'll give it a try. If I like it, I will comment and upvote. If it is not relevant, I will still check if they clearly state the product's USP. If it is clear, I'll upvote.
Jade Grimwood
I would say: relevance, video, screenshots - then head to actually try it out. I do often Upvote based on the first 3 though!
Sanja Micic
@jade_grimwood That makes a lot of sense! Prioritizing relevance, video, and screenshots before diving in to try the product is a practical approach. Nice method!
Emily Willis
Me too Igor! I watch the videos first, then look at the images. If I'm still confused, I'll read the hunter launch copy for the details. I'll vote if I think it's a good product πŸ™Œ the trouble is there are so many amazing products on product hunt!
Sachin Singh
Check the website, understand the idea and upvote if it looks useful to me, community and world out there.
Abdulkadir Aminu
πŸ˜…a bit late ,but I check out the details and if it makes me go ooh that's a great idea I upvote