• Subscribe
  • How do you decide whether to pay for a product 💵 or stick with the free version? 🆓

Priyanka Saini
    11 replies
    Hey PH friends, most of us start with the free version of a product to try it out, but at some point, we wonder if it’s worth paying for the extra features (like I’m thinking about for X/Twitter 🤭). Do you make the switch when the free version no longer meets your needs? Or is it more about saving time and getting the most out of the product? (For example, I bought an Adobe membership 5 years ago when I needed more advanced features.) Or maybe it’s just about supporting the creators. On that note, I’m curious—if you were using my product, www.feedspace.io, would you consider upgrading, or would you prefer sticking to the free version? No pressure at all, just genuinely curious to know what helps you make that decision? I’d love to hear your thoughts!💬

Replies

Blondelle Pai
    I upgrade when the free version no longer does the job. If I need more advanced features like with design tools its worth it
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    I consider probable outcomes I can have with the product. If it is clear that it can help me with creation process significantly and bring me money (e.g. creating videos for me, my clients) – I am going for it. If something exists and I needed it, I probably already paid for it :)
    Archana Jha
    Launching soon!
    Great question! For me, the decision to upgrade from a free version to a paid plan usually comes down to a mix of things. If I hit a point where the free version no longer covers my needs (like needing more advanced features or higher limits), I’m definitely more inclined to pay.
    Dharmi Gohil
    If I cannot do without a product then I will definitely pay for it, otherwise no need to buy or will go with a free alternative
    Juliette BEGUE
    Depending on: - My needs - The time it takes to switch from the tool I'm currently using - The features offered in the paid version For example, I'm currently using Zoho as my webinar solution. The free version was sufficient at first, but as more and more people subscribed, I eventually had to upgrade to the paid version :)
    Vlad Yan
    I pay for any product that saves me time or money. If the value I get from a product is higher or matches the price - I will gladly pay for it.
    Simonas Kauzonas
    Value vs need. If it boosts productivity, solves a pain point, or makes me money, I'll pay. For example, Apollo.io subscription is pricey but brings great leads. Can't imagine going back to the free plan now.
    Lanfranco Iwanaga
    I use FREE tools or FREE TRIALS
    Arindam Vaidya
    Well, I suppose it depends on how much of the gap it fills for my burning need.
    Timothy Bramlett
    Is it helping me make money or save money? If yes keep.