• Subscribe
  • How do you decide to - 1) Improve software or 2) Promote software?

Maurizio Isendoorn
    18 replies
    Curious how you decide what your priority is! Let us know in the comments.

Replies

Zenda
    LinkedCRM AI
    LinkedCRM AI
    22, and improve the software based on market feedback.
    Zenda
    LinkedCRM AI
    LinkedCRM AI
    @maurizioisendoorn You're too kind. LinkedCRM AI is launching now, and I sincerely invite you to upvote and comment.ā¤ļø
    AndrƩ J
    Yeah. Improving means making things more stringent. Do both at the same time. Push it live, as beta or whatever and let it rip. Use the real world data you get from the lurker bots inside the app. Aka google analytics šŸ¤–
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @sentry_co Thanks for the tips man! Yeah I don't just add features for the sake of it. I also like the word 'stringent' in this context. Thanks again I'll implement your advice
    AndrƩ J
    @maurizioisendoorn Coincidently I'm publishing a community piece on this subject on Mon / Tue here on PH. Stay tuna šŸŸ
    Ali Haider Khan
    promote software is good
    Greg Cohler
    When I am happy to release a feature I promote it. In the event of a big release, like finishing an app, I would release it on ProductHunt (stay tuned June 28th. Follow me for info) Otherwise, itā€™s development, development, development
    Daniel Engelke
    How many customer requests we are getting - if we don't have a very long or important list of things to improve the software, we will generally start promoting it!
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @gelks haha thatā€™s something we also došŸ˜‚
    Casper Brix
    I'd say it's connected. Build the MVP, test it/promote, then improve software, test again, etc. etc
    Maurizio Isendoorn
    @casper_brix yes so thereā€™s phases right?
    Casper Brix
    @maurizioisendoorn exactly thatā€™s a good word for it: phases
    Gurkaran Singh
    Deciding between improving software or promoting it is like choosing between debugging code or crafting the perfect marketing pitch - gotta balance that tech finesse with some serious communication charm! How do you strike that sweet spot in your tech world?
    Paul Richards
    Engineers always want to keep adding features and think users will just come. If you have a working product that solves a specific problem, I would focus on promoting it until its earning some decent revenue.
    Nemanja Zunic
    I look at the LTV/CAC ratio in this case. If you have a PMF, and a healthy return on investment, you can push the pedal and invest more in marketing. In case your ROI is suffering, you need to improve the software before pouring money in marketing.