• Subscribe
  • How do you deal with the stress of running a startup?

Patryk Pijanowski
    23 replies
    As we all know, running a startup is not a sprint but a marathon.... A marathon filled with a mass of problems and stress. I'm curious how do you deal with it? Do you meditate? Do you read books? Do you play sports? Do you do something else, such as stacking Legos? Maybe your way will inspire someone looking for their own relaxation and help them :D

Replies

Almaz Zagidullin
    Sometimes there are difficulties with your projects when something doesn't go the way you want it to and you can't influence it I make sure I exercise, and on the days between training I take a walk. It helps me feel energized. During walks, the flow of thoughts in your head unfolds, new thoughts come to mind Occasionally I want to play games all day and forget about everything, but I can only afford that on weekdays
    Thomas Jackson
    Definitely make time for exercise! I find a good workout or run helps clear my head and manage stress. Mixing in some meditation or breathing exercises is great too. Oh and don't neglect hobbies - building Lego sets is surprisingly therapeutic! The key is having a regular routine of healthy activities outside of work to maintain balance and perspective. It's a marathon not a sprint!
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    A good workout and keeping a work-life balance really helps me get through the stressing times.
    Walter
    I find that taking short breaks throughout the day really helps. It’s important to step away from the screen and clear my mind.
    Stress is difficult to deal with, but I try to stay active by participating in sports and exercising on a daily basis. It's an excellent way to clear my head.
    Richard Lewis
    I try to stay organized and plan my days carefully. It helps me feel more in control and less overwhelmed.
    Albert Wiston
    I aim to stay organised and have a clear to-do list. It helps me manage my tasks and relieves the worry of forgetting them.
    Den Taylor
    I focus on setting small, attainable goals. Celebrating these minor victories helps me stay focused and less overwhelmed.
    Bella ciao
    I set away time for my favourite hobbies and pastimes. It's critical to have activities outside of work to help me relax and unwind.
    Debra Hetrick
    I enjoy building models or doing puzzles. It’s surprisingly relaxing and a nice way to take my mind off work.
    Jasper James
    I meditate, exercise, and read books to manage stress. It helps balance work and relaxation.
    Kistiñe Sheffield
    Building model trains and spending time with loved ones helps me unwind. Finding your own stress relief method is key.
    Dipmala Kumari
    I find that taking a break for a quick walk or a workout helps clear my mind. It’s amazing what a bit of fresh air can do!
    Pintu Kumar raj
    I’m a fan of reading fiction to escape from the startup stress. It’s a great way to relax and recharge.
    Chandan kumar
    Meditation has really helped me. Even just a few minutes a day can make a big difference in how I handle stress.
    Tiger L
    AIPhone.AI
    AIPhone.AI
    Exercise. It’s a crucial part of my routine that keeps me balanced and better equipped to handle the challenges of running a startup :)
    Neel Patel
    Knew what I was getting into ;)
    Lucy Howard
    Reach out to mentors for advice and support.
    Francois H
    For me it's a combination of mediation, sports/exercise, and trying my best to avoid the burn out I suffered in my first venture. However, if I have to name one very important and easy thing that many don't do enough, it would be the combination of breathing exercises and off-screen time. I stopped taking my phone to the bedroom a while ago and will never go back to doing that. Before I sleep, I take time to do some breathing exerces to wind down. And when I wake up, I do my morning routine of stretches, mediation, dog walking, and coffee before I even touch my phone. I can't stress the important and efficiency of the above enough. I hope this helps another founder out. Cheers!
    Claudia Lyons
    I try to stay organized and keep a clear plan for each day. It helps me manage the workload and reduces stress when I can see everything mapped out.