• Subscribe
  • How do you create and maintain boundaries between work and home when you work remotely?

Marvin Mändle
    14 replies
    In my first apartment my desk was in my living room. For myself it was hard to spend almost the whole day just in one room. Now I have a separate room at home for work and strict boundaries between "work" and "life". It helps me a lot to calm down after work, because I have also physical boundaries in my apartment. What about you?

Replies

Mason Davis
    To separate work and home when working remotely, designate a workspace, set clear hours, and avoid work during personal time.
    Marvin Mändle
    @maria_stephens good ones. For myself the last part "avoid work during personal time" is a hard one. Still struggling with it sometimes, to not respond to mails in the evening
    Elena Tsemirava
    I work either from the bedroom or from the living room. To be honest, I don't care.
    Sidra Arif
    Dialog AI
    Dialog AI
    Launching soon!
    Seems like a great approach, did it help you maintain a balance between work and life? If it did I would love to know and practise it for myself.
    Marvin Mändle
    @sidraref definitely it helps. But in my opinion a good work-life-balance is a decision you choose for yourself and not a physical boarder.
    Violetta Chernobuk
    Door is the best assistant. Helps you to focus and not get distracted by family:)
    Marvin Mändle
    @violetta_chernobuk totally agree. In combination with noise cancelling its probably the best assistant
    Henry Habib
     I make sure to keep work and home life separate by having a dedicated workspace. Once I finish my workday, I make a point not to step back into that room until it's time to work again. 
    Elle Gzirishvili
    working from home really messes with my schedule. I can't keep focus during work and can't rest well. for that reason I prefer not working from home but when I have no other choice I also like to create physical boundaries at home and I also don't do anything besides sleeping or resting in my bedroom.
    Marvin Mändle
    @elle_g thanks for sharing. Remote work is not for everybody, but nice that you create some boundaries too, when you have to work from home.
    Elle Gzirishvili
    @marvin_maendle do you have any tips on how to work from home more effectively? I'd like to hear your insight on eeping the work-life balance during remote work