• Subscribe
  • How do you cope with stress, particularly when dealing with work-related issues?

Keshini Dabare
    6 replies

Replies

Alexandr Builov
    Hey Luke, I absolutely second your approach to unwinding stress 😌. Small pauses to reconnect surely makes a difference. I believe that setting clear boundaries is also a great move. Personal mantras like "You got this" do wonders! Perhaps some calming apps or meditation might be another good complement to your routine. Have you tried any such aids? 💆‍♂️🎧👍
    Keshini Dabare
    @builov84 @lukebarnard Thanks, you guys, for this. It can be tough dealing with stress, but I'm going to give personal mantras a try. Sometimes, it's just about you motivating yourself. I started with some calming apps/music and it helps too.
    Luke Barnard
    @builov84 I have meditated in the past and found it really grounding. I have also done a fair bit of yoga but it's been a while, and does wonders for my mental state. I would recommend Headspace for meditation, and following along to Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube (she's amazing).
    Luke Barnard
    When I'm stressed, I find that focussing on my needs is the simplest way to unwind and step away for a moment. It could be as simple as having a stretch, making some tea, going for a walk. The things I find stressful often seem less so after taking these small chances to reconnect. I also like a good self pep talk, e.g. "You got this" and sometimes you need a hear "It's okay to take a break". That said, some things might always be stressful, e.g. I heard of someone being constantly bombarded with conspiracy theories from a colleague and so sometimes the only answer is to establish better boundaries or make other changes.
    KC Onrade
    taking quick breaks from time to time, listening to music to calm me
    InnerSynergyX
    @keshini_ Just be yourself, focus on current job at hand, focus on the factors you can control and level up yourself.