• Subscribe
  • How Do You Collect User Feedback to Improve Your Product?

Nazir Yusifov
    32 replies
    Curious to know how other creators gather user feedback! Do you rely on surveys, in-app tools, or social media? What has been the most effective way for you to understand your audience’s needs and iterate your product based on their feedback?

Replies

Sacha Dumay
    hey @melmouk , At first we tried with email and giving a form to answer with a discount code as gift. Only 1 person cared to do it. The best was discord community (create your own and read what people are saying) you can also use features .vote from a fellow indie hacker
    Sacha Dumay
    @melmouk seems hard to implement tho
    Matt El Mouktafi
    @sacha_dumay Yeah I feel like not a lot of people want to fill long forms. Personally I may fill it sometimes, but only very short forms for product I really love, so it's biased by default Maybe a good option to get feedback at scale could be to implement in-app quick feedback button (one short question relevant to the action the user has just done with the ability to answer in a click and add more details if they feel like it)
    Matt El Mouktafi
    @sacha_dumay mm.. using code not so much, maybe 1-2 days of work for a basic generic system I think. But you need to find the right balance to get enough feedback without being too intrusive to the user
    Matt El Mouktafi
    That's not always possible at scale, but to me, nothing beats 1 to 1 user's interview. It's a great way to keep building the relationship along with collecting qualitative feedback
    Nazir Yusifov
    Launching soon!
    @melmouk Do you also collect feedback in an automated way?
    Matt El Mouktafi
    @yusifov I don't have that much user on my products at the moment (< 100 on one and < 30 on the other) so not really. But I've setup Crisp and I have a database in Notion where I save every piece of feedback I get so I also have some quantitative data when working on the road map
    Rafael Biasiolo
    My friends can't take it anymore.. 😂
    Ogaga John
    Rayna UI - Free 500+ Components & UI kit
    Rayna UI - Free 500+ Components & UI kit
    Beta testing groups Feature request boards User testing sessions
    Nazir Yusifov
    Launching soon!
    @ogaga_john Nice set of tools! Thanks!)
    Timothy Bramlett
    So, this is a super deep topic. But overall we have multiple ways to source user feedback. Obviously people open tickets on our platforms directly and make feature requests. We also have a feature request board that is a third-party tool essentially. And that has been somewhat helpful in sourcing feature requests. But of course, as always, the real best way to do this in the way that you can never really scale is to simply meet with the customers. Now you can artificially scale this in some ways by having what we do every week, which is a weekly office hours. And this has been incredibly helpful also.
    Nazir Yusifov
    Launching soon!
    @timothybramlett Oh, do you host live streams with a chat or gather somewhere in a chat?​
    Whale Lee
    Open Love : AI girlfriend
    Open Love : AI girlfriend
    One-on-one interviews, questionnaire collection and statistics, social media interaction, pretending to chat with users and other users...
    Pooja Jayasri
    This is what I do: - Reach out to users on twitter and linkedin - Helps with forming a network of users and building trust. - Social media listening (especially twitter) - Beta testing: Here's a great way to get beta testers: Add a free job posting on Linkedin (volunteer role and no pay) -> Recruit users -> Redirect them to a Google form to collect emails and feedback. Good luck :)
    Nazir Yusifov
    Launching soon!
    @pooja_jayasri That’s an interesting approach! Do you find LinkedIn job postings to be effective for attracting beta testers, and how do you ensure that these testers stay engaged throughout the process?
    Ruby Alexander
    Collecting user feedback is essential for improving a product and ensuring it meets user needs.
    sridharana dhamodharan
    @ruby_alexander Collecting user feedback is essential for improving a product and ensuring it meets user needs. Sentiment analysis also plays a crucial role in this process, as it helps us understand the emotions and attitudes behind user feedback. By analyzing sentiments, we can identify trends, highlight areas for improvement, and better cater to our users’ preferences, ultimately leading to a more satisfying experience.
    thina samin
    Do surveys at strategic points within the app (e.g., after completing a task or encountering an issue)
    Sirina D
    You can conduct interviews with diverse group of users
    Tom Brat
    Conduct suveys, interviews. Use open-ended questions to gather detailed insights into their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
    Paul McCoy
    Observe you users as they interact with your product in a controlled environment.
    Yisha
    I think it's very useful to see how users use your product in person offline. Without any instructions, just let them use by themselves. There would be some unexpected use cases.
    Yisha
    And I think user activity data has more truth than user interviews.
    Micah Micah
    Interact with your users identify pain points, areas of confusion, and opportunities for improvement.
    Jospeh Schiffmans
    Always analyze trends and patterns in user feedback to identify common issues. 😀
    sridharana dhamodharan
    @jospeh_schiffmans Absolutely! Analyzing trends and patterns in user feedback is key to spotting common issues and making improvements. It helps us enhance the user experience! 😊
    James Daryl
    Customers supportinteractions is best
    Simonas Kauzonas
    Use in-app surveys, feedback forms, and reach out directly to active users. We're actually launching a way to collect user feedback non-intrusively and for free. Check out our "Coming Soon" page if you're interested :)
    sridharana dhamodharan
    In our product, we empower businesses to gather valuable customer feedback through intuitive, customizable forms. Using advanced AI-driven sentiment analysis, we transform customer responses into actionable insights, allowing businesses to understand not just what their customers are saying, but how they feel. This helps companies to identify trends, uncover areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions that enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.
    Isaac Henry Gallagher
    Personally, I've found that using tools like Hotjar and Fullstory to record user sessions and heatmaps on my site is super valuable for understanding how real users interact with my product. Looking at aggregate data in Google Analytics is also helpful to see trends and drop-off points. But yeah, nothing beats actually talking to users 1-on-1 to get detailed qualitative insights, even if you can only do a handful of those convos. The combo of quant data + qual feedback is where the real product improvement magic happens!