• Subscribe
  • How do you capture your thoughts?

Anton Lebedev
    51 replies
    Note-taking app, voice memos, pen & paper, or something else?

Replies

Shivam Aggarwal
    I store my thoughts digitally in a note-taking app for easy access :)
    Anton Lebedev
    @shivam_aggarwal9 Thanks! What note-taking app are you using?
    Yannick
    I use my to do list
    Anton Lebedev
    @mho22 What to list are you using? And what are you doing with your thughs next?
    Yannick
    @samarsky I am using Asana actually. It depends on the thought. If it is a suggestion for a feature on my website or something, I develop it the next day. If it is a new idea, I add it to the idea lists in Asana. Anything else goes to Notion I guess ? I am running out of possibilities right now but do you have any suggestion other than these ?
    Anton Lebedev
    @mho22 Thanks for sharing! I think your workflow is minimalistic and solid! I'm building an app that helps to capture thoughts just by recording them. Then, the app transcribes and structures the text so it is easy to read. I wanted to understand who my competitors are. :) I like to record thoughts with voice because ideas always come with details that I don't want to miss, and often, when I'm on the go or doing something important, I don't want to be distracted by writing.
    Yannick
    @samarsky You're right, my workflow makes it actually much slower to write something. But unfortunately I am not a 'recording thoughts with voice' person.
    Richael Morio
    I use my to do list
    Anton Lebedev
    @richael_morio What to list are you using? And what are you doing with your thughs next?
    Luo Baishun
    I typically add them to my Notion collection, but I rarely revisit them :D
    Anton Lebedev
    @luobaishun How often do you add them? Do you use it on a mobile or desktop more for this?
    Luo Baishun
    @samarsky It's like a few times per week, not too frequent, and most of them happen on desktop (because I work on desktop).
    Thomas Jack
    I typically add them to my Notion collection, but I rarely revisit them :D
    Felya Bilgen
    I don't use an app to capture my thoughts; instead, I prefer to write them down in my notebooks 📓📕📔(I have so many of them with different colors!💗). I believe that taking notes digitally doesn't stay in my mind and it restricts my thinking, preventing me from recalling all the details.
    Evelyn
    I usually tell it to my mom. So whenever I deviate from it, I get my alarm (pun-intended).
    Sanyan Sharma
    I use a combination of note-taking apps and voice memos to capture my thoughts efficiently.
    Anton Lebedev
    @sanyan_ wow! I'm making an app that helps make voice memos and transform them into well-structured text. Can we chat about your way of doing it? Where can I write you? My contacts: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lebe... https://twitter.com/Samarsky TG: samarsky
    Vincent Delitz
    @samarsky I write it down in Trello
    Anton Lebedev
    @vdelitz Interesing! Do you have any system to organize them later?
    Igor Lysenko
    I made the IXORD Notes application and when I created tasks for myself, I have a function like MindExplorer where I can see the chain of my tasks, and this perfectly meets the needs of my thoughts.
    Anton Lebedev
    @ixord Read about IXORD. Interesting. Is it a sort of low-code tool for corporations to automate business processes?
    Igor Lysenko
    @samarsky Yes, we plan to create many more tools for work.
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    Notion for now ( :
    Anton Lebedev
    @istiakahmad And how do you follow-up on them later?
    ISTIAK AHMAD
    @samarsky I log back in notion everyday 😅
    Cameron Scully
    Notion is my second brain. Everything is noted down under specific categories in my notion template.
    Anton Lebedev
    @cameronscully_ That is great! Did you develop your system from scratch or use some template? And how many hours a day do you invest in it?
    Godstime Nwabue
    I use a pen and paper; here is the gist of it. It's a full-blown hardback on its own, always tagging along with me if I am almost going anywhere. It helps challenge me with the quotes, courses I am yet to finish, and what is really important at the moment. The funny thing is, I revisit it every time to see what I am to do next, and then I get a little energy just from revisiting what I had written there.
    Anton Lebedev
    @godstime_nwabue That is so great! Do you use any specific organizing system or just your method?
    Trang Pham
    I use traditional methods, sticky note, notebook
    Anton Lebedev
    @tranggpham How do you follow-up on all your notes?
    Trang Pham
    @samarsky to be honest, I can't follow up on all my notes. It's not convenient to search for info either. However, I divided my notebook into sections like reading list, work, etc. or each color for each purpose.
    Leonard Knauß
    I've got a WhatsApp group with me as the only member. I use that for everything from shopping lists over notes to small poems and philosophy. And sometimes I add tags, so specific notes are easier to find.
    Anton Lebedev
    @pixeleonard That is interesting! Why do you end up with that system? And do you use voice memos inside your group?
    Amelia Charlie
    I've got a WhatsApp group with me as the only member. I use that for everything from shopping lists over notes to small poems and philosophy.
    KC Onrade
    Usually when I'm doing a household chore or during my idle time, that's when an a lot of good ideas come out. I would grab my phone if near me or open a Notepad, gather everything there and start drafting.
    Anton Lebedev
    @k_onrade interesting! Did you try to use voice recordings so note-taking doesn't distract you from household chores? I'm making an app that helps make voice memos and transform them into well-structured text.
    Anton Lebedev
    @k_onrade I get it, but it's inconvenient to stop and write in the middle of a task. Record the ideas and phrasing so you don't have to start from scratch later.
    KC Onrade
    @samarsky actually I prefer taking notes or typing them as it helps me build my momentum
    Sarah
    I have an Iphone. Here on notes or in my diary when I'm at home :) It depends on where it occurs to me :)
    Egon Tyrell
    I made the IXORD Notes application and when I created tasks for myself, I have a function like MindExplorer where I can see the chain of my tasks, and this perfectly meets the needs of my thoughts.