• Subscribe
  • How do you build and maintain a strong community around your product?

Herklos
    27 replies
    Building and keeping a strong community around my product has been tough because it needs constant interaction. That's why I'm interested in hearing how others have managed to do it.

Replies

Christian Ross
    Celebrate your community! Recognize and celebrate user achievements, birthdays, or milestones. Showcase success stories, user-generated content, or even host contests to keep your community feeling valued and appreciated. A little recognition goes a long way!
    Vaibhav
    Commenting here because I'd also love to hear about this :)
    CY Zhou
    Building and maintaining a strong community around your product requires consistent engagement and genuine interaction with your users. By actively listening to feedback and fostering a sense of belonging, you can create a loyal and supportive community.
    Tanya Sharath
    I start by creating a welcoming environment where users feel heard. Regular updates and responding to feedback help maintain that connection.
    Herklos
    @tanya_sharath How do you share updates? Using your project socials?
    John from Yotta Buzz
    @tanya_sharath Do you see your users show up in one social media channel/place or do you focus on newsletter subscription?
    Kehui Guo
    Use social media to keep constant updates, and engage with the community regularly on Discord
    John from Yotta Buzz
    @kehui_guo Thanks! do you also use newsletters?
    Kehui Guo
    @yotta_buzz Currently nope, we’re using the discord channel to post updates in our community. However, we do have newsletters in our roadmap for the future.
    Lorenz Sell
    We host regular Zoom calls and have a newsletter where we share high value content and free upcoming workshops. We love our community and they contributed over $130k to an Indiegogo crowdfunder that we ran a couple years ago (https://sutra.co/crowdfunder). We don't really do much social media. Mostly just live calls.
    Ayaz Akram
    Recognizing and rewarding active community members fosters loyalty and encourages continued participation.
    Debra Hetrick
    I host live streams and webinars to interact with the community in real-time and answer their questions.
    Herklos
    @debra_hetrick What tools are you using to share your live streams and webinars? Youtube?
    Vhim Jana
    A strong community isn't just about the product itself. Offer additional value through exclusive content, educational resources, or even industry events. Building genuine relationships with your users and fostering a sense of community goes beyond the product features. By addressing their broader needs and interests, you can create a loyal and engaged community
    Zachary
    User recognition goes a long way! Highlight user-generated content, feature success stories, and acknowledge valuable contributions from community members. This incentivizes participation and makes users feel appreciated. I've seen communities flourish when users feel valued and recognized for their contributions.
    David Joshua
    A strong community thrives on shared values and a sense of belonging. Clearly communicate the values your product represents and how it empowers users. Giving users a platform to share their experiences, successes, and even challenges can foster a sense of camaraderie and collaboration.
    Hana Salazars
    Creating a mentorship program within the community helps build stronger connections and provides value to new members.
    Herklos
    @hana_salazars I love this idea. How to you set up this program?
    Jackson Oscar
    I use storytelling to connect with the community on a personal level, sharing the journey and mission behind our product.
    Herklos
    @jackson_oscar You share this story using social media?
     Nick Zack
    Organizing local meetups or virtual events helps build a sense of community and allows users to network.
    Tiff C
    Keep regular updates, throw yourself into active interactions with all your supporters, and collect feedback with caution.
    Sebastian
    Listen and respond actively. Show your community you care! Respond to comments and questions promptly, address concerns openly, and incorporate valuable feedback into your product development roadmap. This builds trust and demonstrates that you value their input.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Building and nurturing a thriving community is like cultivating a digital garden - it requires consistent care, patience, and the occasional virtual watering can. So, what's your secret fertilizer for community engagement?
    Anthony Harris
    Community building is definitely a challenge! A few things that have worked for me: 1) Actively engage with users on social media, forums, etc. to build relationships 2) Provide great support to turn customers into advocates 3) Create content (blog posts, videos, etc) to keep people engaged 4) Run contests, giveaways, and other fun promos to generate buzz 5) Partner with influencers/affiliates to expand reach. Consistency is key - it takes sustained effort but the payoff in loyalty and word-of-mouth is huge. Would love to hear what's worked for others too!