• Subscribe
  • How do you balance life and work?

Kevin Lu
    109 replies
    I often find myself pushed forward by various challenges. When time is tight and work pressure is intense, do you have any good work-life balance suggestions?

Replies

Ali Shah Lakhani
    One advice that I got a few years back for this was to NEVER compromise on good food, good sleep, and the value of drinking enough water daily. Now I'm starting to realize it's not ONE advice, it's THREE 🤣
    Kevin Lu
    @alishahlakhani Agreed with you, Ali! Sleep well, eat well, keep your mind strong and healthy are indeed important!
    Renat Abyasov
    I totally understand. Sometimes the work-life balance is particularly difficult because we are approaching a difficult phase in the product's life. For example, we have a launch tomorrow and for the last two weeks I have to be in touch with colleagues 24/7. But once the launch is over, everything will be fine and I will go on vacation :D I think work-life balance is important, but when you create your own product, you have to prioritise.
    Kevin Lu
    @renat_abyasov Truly! First thing first, just followed your product!! Thanks for your suggestions, same here man! XD
    Graham Wood
    Just try to get out into nature, even for as little as 30 mins per day, and especially at the weekend, if you can through Sunday without using your phone (leave it at home) it can help.
    Kevin Lu
    @graham_wood79 Thanks for the suggestions; taking rest is indeed necessary, and I also begin to meditate 10min everyday, it's pretty good though~
    Martin Ratinaud
    Work remote Exercise (Surf) in the morning before work Stop work for good (no phone)
    Kevin Lu
    @martin_ratinaud Short and precise! Thanks for the sharing!
    Demi Jones
    I use a calendar and I time block. Time blocking is what works best for me!
    Kevin Lu
    @lysten_inc Setting limits and boundaries are so important!
    Kate Tyshchenko
    why are these 2 separate?... there's "life" and "work" and... nothing else?..
    Cyril Gupta
    CloudFunnels AI
    CloudFunnels AI
    I don't need to seek a balance... I go with the flow with what I want in a given moment. When I feel worky, I work.. When I don't feel worky I don't work.
    Kevin Lu
    @cyriljeet Life is work, work is life! Followed you, Cyril! God Speed!!
    Cyril Gupta
    CloudFunnels AI
    CloudFunnels AI
    @dot_brand nice to connect!
    Vlad Zivkovic
    I often travel with my family for few days every week or two to different destinations to relax from work.
    Kevin Lu
    @vladimir_zivkovic Wow, that's nice~ What bothers me is that even when I go out with my family, I still feel extremely distracted and stressed out. Have you ever experience this kind of problem?
    Vlad Zivkovic
    @dot_brand One thing we try to do is always going to a new destinations with plenty of unknown things to discover, and that will keep the mind distracted. But of course there will always be some work ideas going in our minds.
    Kevin Lu
    @vladimir_zivkovic Nice idea! I will try it next time! XD
    Edward G
    Flavored Resume
    Flavored Resume
    Set time windows where you’re not working. For example, after 7pm, No more work or anything close to it. I allow myself time to do anything I want outside of that (art, games, etc). It’s critical you have downtime because your brain needs to rest and you perform so much better the next day.
    Kevin Lu
    @edward_g Agreed. In fact, I found out that the most productive days are the days right after my day off!
    Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
    Not sure if balance is the right word. There will always be unbalance with work and life. One of my mentors talks about integration instead of balance. How can we integrate our work and life together. For example, if you're training for a marathon, it is OK to expect you to spend less time with the family during the week b/c you need to train for a few months. Once the race is over, then that time switches back.
    Kevin Lu
    @drewsalesplaybookbuilder Wow~ that's very inspiring: integrating work and life! Thanks for sharing, Drew!
    Dennis Zax
    No need for outside life when work is life :)
    Kevin Lu
    @deds3t XD, I can feel that~
    Ryan T - Dezbor.com
    Catch up with friends or old friends at least once or twice a week
    Kevin Lu
    @distartin It's important! Thanks for the suggestion!
    Sakshi Gahlawat
    I establish specific boundaries between work and personal life. Define when the workday starts and ends, and stick to those hours as much as possible. I also avoid bringing work-related tasks into my personal time.
    Kevin Lu
    @sakshi_gahlawat May I ask, what do you think about the mindset of "work is life, life is work"? while some people tend to separate the work from life~
    GaganDeep Tomar
    On the contrary, do you think it's a wise thought to sacrifice work-life balance in the beginning of your career in order to have a speedy growth initially?
    Kevin Lu
    @gagandt It depends on everyone's own condition. I can imagine if someone is young and doesn't need to take care of families, he/she can definitely do so; while another middle-ager who has families to take care of, it would be hard for him/her to do so. It's more like finding your own living/working rhythm though~
    Nirnimes
    By giving up on sleep🥺
    Kevin Lu
    @nirnimes Wow, that's a tough one XD
    Ali Qasim
    I really struggle in this manner.
    Kunal Mehta
    @dot_brand As a co-founder, I prioritize work-life balance by setting clear boundaries, delegating tasks, and encouraging open communication within the team. Regular breaks, time management, and support from colleagues help maintain a healthy equilibrium between personal and professional responsibilities.
    Kevin Lu
    @realkunalmehta Setting boundaries are indeed important! Agreed!
    Milap Singh
    Try to make todo list and complete it by office time
    Shabnam Katoch
    TrackOrder - Tracking and Sync
    TrackOrder - Tracking and Sync
    @dot_brand I always have todo lists that are never ending 🥹🥲
    Kanupriya Chhabra
    Pentest Copilot by BugBase
    Pentest Copilot by BugBase
    I try to tune into the Calm app for short breaks of relaxation
    Kevin Lu
    @kanupriya_chhabra1 Thanks for sharing! I actually just begin to practice meditation for 10min everyday; it's not easy though~
    André J
    Work / Life integration -> work life balance
    Kevin Lu
    @sentry_co Thanks for the sharing!