How do you balance between adopting new technologies and sticking with traditional methods?

Nabeel Amir
5 replies
How do you balance between adopting new technologies and sticking with traditional methods in your personal or professional life? Let's exchange perspectives.

Replies

Grace Bates
I like to experiment with new technologies in a controlled environment before fully integrating them into my workflow to minimize disruptions.
Launching soon!
I believe in a balanced approach while adopting new tech for efficiency but valuing traditional methods for their reliability. It's about finding what works best for your specific needs and goals. What's your strategy?
Nishkarsh Srivastava
For me it's easy to decide -- I use all the familiar tools/languages/technologies for my tasks until i get limited by them. sounds boring but works for me! i built my first app with react + AWS when there was a ton of hype around svelte and bare metal. i just with what i knew to get the job done quickly. (btw i just launched Findr as well and would love your support :))
Aimee Skinner
Sometimes, sticking with traditional methods adds a sense of stability and reliability, especially in industries where tried-and-tested methods are crucial.
Angelina Shaw
It's all about weighing the benefits versus the learning curve. If the new tech offers substantial advantages, I'm willing to invest the time to learn it.