• Subscribe
  • How do you approach performance optimization in mobile apps built with Flutter or React Native?

Karthik M S N
    8 replies

Replies

Hassan
    I tackle performance optimization by focusing on efficient component rendering and managing state effectively. For Flutter, I use the DevTools suite, and for React Native, I rely on tools like Flipper.
    Barnaby
    Keep mine updated every year. What’s your strategy for updating your LinkedIn profile picture?
    Coco Maiolo
    I recently updated mine, so it’s less than a year old. Do you think a more recent photo has a better impact?
    Nadeem iqbal
    Mine is more than 3 years old! I guess I should consider refreshing it soon.
    Emma Rac
    When optimizing mobile apps with Flutter or React Native, I concentrate on reducing unnecessary renders and leveraging efficient state management
    Pablo Ani
    For Flutter, I focus on minimizing widget rebuilds and optimizing animations. Profiling tools are super helpful to spot performance bottlenecks
    Benjamin Lewis Anderson
    Flutter has some nice built-in performance profiling tools like the Timeline view and Flutter inspector. For React Native, I've found the React DevTools profiler super helpful for identifying perf bottlenecks. Beyond that, common strategies like lazy loading, avoiding unnecessary re-renders, and optimizing expensive calculations go a long way. Oh and make sure your app bundles are tree-shaken and minified for prod!
    Joshua Daniel Scott
    I usually profile the app to identify performance bottlenecks, then optimize code in those areas - things like minimizing re-renders, caching data, and using async operations. Also make sure to test on lower-end devices. What specific techniques have worked well for you?