• Subscribe
  • How do badges on Product Hunt work? Who assigns them?

Vikram Aditya
    11 replies

Replies

Shivangi Awasthi
    You earn them by cracking a particular task.
    Vikram Aditya
    @shivangiawasthi True for some badges but I was more interested to learn about how the other kinds of badges that are not task driven and standard awarded such as gemologist.
    Artyom Sviridov
    Seems like they're automatically assigned for achieving some milestones and other specific actions.
    Vikram Aditya
    @sviridov @lizworthy Thanks for the link. appreicate it. Like I said, It's interesting and would love to learn about how the algorithm works. What exactly does the system consider a bright idea or a thoughtful comment or something else for that matter!
    Liz Worthy
    @sviridov @viks_rum For the bright idea, at the least, I think your product comment needs to be liked by a maker. It may also need certain key words or perhaps there is minimum length?
    Leo
    The almighty ProductHunt algorithm (aka automatically assigned based on predefined thresholds per activity).
    Vikram Aditya
    @leo_from_london It's interesting and would love to learn about how the algorithm works. What exactly does the system consider a bright idea?
    George Burmistrov
    Like achievements in videogames, you automatically get them when you reach some milestone.
    Vikram Aditya
    @burmistrov Got it. The link in the first comment helps a lot.