How did you validate your start ups idea?

Sam Bax
4 replies
I'd love to hear how everyone went about validating their start ups idea. My approach is I'm currently sending out a questionnaire to businesses within my target market.

Replies

Aleks Miric
For B2C, Reddit is amazing for this. Just browse subreddits in the niche and find relevant conversations. Surfkey.io by @johancutych is amazing for this.
Nadim
You may get some responses, in my case not much. So ended up meeting friends and friends of friends related to the project I am working on and got the insight I wanted to start with
Sungtae Lee
There is a <30 min lecture about this topic in Y-combinator. You might want to check it out. link: https://www.ycombinator.com/libr...
Alyne Padilla
30 min max customer interviews w/ a focus on non-leading questions. You ask the question, actively listen to the answers and observe non-verbal queues (facial reactions say more than words sometimes). The trick is not guiding the conversation and note taking using prospect/customer words as opposed to our own. Same set of questions for all participants, gather results, bundle in themes to identify potential trends and then utilize the data to make informed decisions. This also works with obtaining feedback on prototypes.