How did you land your first customers?

What has worked for you in getting your first few customers? We have an ongoing public beta with a couple of initial pre-launch customers and looking to onboard more. I'm curious about what worked for others, especially in Artificial Intelligence, education, and productivity space. ...Sorry if this topic is redundant but I haven't found anything relevant. Best, @david_mcanulty

Replies

Kevin Van Haesendonck
Yes we definitly would love some tips on this topic!
Florian Vates
Building on public has gotten me the first few customers. I’m not further than that stage yet though so probably it’s really only good to get early feedback and some customers.
Relja Denic
We did LinkedIn outreach, and got 50 beta users where we gave them a lifetime discount.
@relja_denic would you be willing to share your outreach strategy for onboarding beta testers? We would love to bring on additional beta testers.
Relja Denic
@david_mcanulty Very simple, find groups/communities of your competition or that are very close to what you guys are doing. Scrap those groups, find people from the groups on LinkedIn, and send a connection request plus 3 follow-ups. Of course, you can combine it with email, and you should. We did just LinkedIn before, but I would say now it is important to do both. Of course, offer them a discounted price. But tell them what the real price would be and then tell them the price they would get, and it should 50-75% off the original price. You can also offer lifetime deals if you see that offering discounts doesn't work. It's important not to sell but to inform them that you're building a tool and you're looking for a couple of beta testers. But again, test, maybe selling works better than informing.
Sachin B
As for me currently, it's Content Marketing. Personally, I started creating content on LinkedIn within my niche and around my product. And I managed to engage with my target audience effectively. Over time, this content strategy not only helped me gain my first customers but also built a loyal following that actively supports my product. Plus, limited-time free trials worked great for me.