How did you grow from 0 to 10,000 users?

Mordo
27 replies
What's you marketing strategy? I have launch now. it's important to leave your feedback. thanks https://www.producthunt.com/prod...

Replies

Ludo
I'm not there yet, but thank you for sharing your journey and insights! ;)
Adam Lui
My first app to pass 10000 users is called ChatGPT Infinity. It took a few weeks to reach this milestone, but was expected result of optimizing the listing so well, to this day, it dominates @ #2 spot (for English ChatGPT scripts) on the download site (Greasy Fork) so it gets 150-200 new users a day What did optimization entail? Tweaking *every* aspect of the listing (from screenshots to social proof) to be a perfect balance such that there is sufficient user intrigue to download, but not too overwhelming as to be spammy. After reaching this sticky rank, then I released to Chrome store (where Google featured it) to fuel the growth using the free fire of evergreen exposure from optimizing well on the original platform (so like 2 birds w/ 1 stone made Chrome Store optimization less mandatory) Incidentally, the app's launch on PH was a total flop (first time not getting featured, so only got 6 upvotes) so it goes to show, this site is not required for an app's continuous traction & success
Marilena Nikou
great to read all this amazing feedback!
Florin Mateescu
Does the number of users really matter that much? Getting 10k users that are not interested in your product, is way worse than getting 100 that are genuinely looking for a solution to a problem, that your product is solving. Having large number of visitors of all kinds is not telling you the whole story, it can actually cause confusion because the conversion is very low and then we might wonder why, and think our product is shit or not preferred, when in fact we address to the wrong audience.
Daniel Peris
With SEO (web) With ASO (apps) With my audience + #buildinpublic (newsletter) With being a speaker at events (agency)
Marc Bovenzi
SEO and Paid Ads Participation in online communities that could use what you offer. Collaborations.
Daniel Zaitzow
Looking forward to having some insight to this in the near future!
Erik Tan
build a beautiful product and win the app of the day in appstore. Many users will know your brand then and recommend it to their friends if they are satisfied with the app/product.
Gloria G
Launch on ProductHunt, and then start showing up in all the places as much as possible. All things mixed: social media marketing, EDM...
Sam D.
Would love to answer that but since we did not launch yet, it would be really hypocritical 😅
Developer X
here to hear answers.
@usama.click
I have built a auto posting bot for LinkedIn groups, I got most of my users from there. My project : https://aitwo.co
Tra Dao
Building a great product and sharing it with the right group of people. Btw our product has just got 4000 so far.