• Subscribe
  • How did you get your First customer for your product ?

Toni
    24 replies
    There are many client acquisition techniques (inbound, outbound, paid, referrals etc). Curious to hear about real-world stories. For buska, the first customer we got was through post content on LinkedIn

Replies

Alex Montas
    Reaching out on Linkedin!
    Nitesh Jamod
    We got our first customer by actively reaching out to our network, sharing our product’s value proposition, and offering a personalised demo to show how it solves their specific problem.
    Florence Fleming
    Posted a demo on Reddit and a user reached out wanting to try it. That turned into my first sale.
    Toni
    @florence_fleming oh how nice. How did you do not to get banned ? Which subreddit did you post on ? (Cause Reddit is great but every time someone mentions their product they get hammered 😅
    Damon Mercado
    My first customer came from a Facebook group where I was active. Just shared some helpful insights, and someone reached out asking about my product!
    Isabel Gray
    I offered free trials to my network, and one of my friends referred me to a business that became my first paying customer.
    Karl Mechkin
    Not including myself, our first customer was (and still is) a lawyer who we consulted while creating terms of service and privacy policy for our app. It was super inspiring to have someone so interested in our project from the beginning, while not even actively pursuing to recruit him as a customer.
    Mila Hughes
    When I launched my product, I took a proactive approach and shared detailed posts about it on LinkedIn. One of those posts caught the eye of our first customer, and from there, things just took off!
    Remington Demi
    I hosted a small webinar to showcase the product, and someone signed up immediately after. It was a great way to build trust early on.
    Kabiru Aliyu
    For my first customer, I reached out directly through LinkedIn messages.
    kim-hijon
    I used a combination of inbound marketing and content creation to attract my first customer.
    Elido Dial
    For me, the first customer came through a well-targeted ad campaign. It was a bit of a gamble, but it helped me get that crucial initial traction.
    Woody Potter
    I approached a local firm that may use my goods and offered them a special deal. They ended up being my first customer.
    A Momin
    My first customer came from Tiktok.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    They probably found me on social media. 😅 And reached out to me. 🙂
    Kavya Tripathi
    Through upwork!
    Hongyuan Cao
    Reddit and Twitter. These two are the platforms I often use to comment on user needs. This method is the simplest, but be careful not to advertise, otherwise your account will be banned.
    Isaac Henry Gallagher
    We used LinkedIn to find leads and reach out to potential customers in our target market. Built genuine relationships first, then offered personalized demos to show how our product could help their specific use case. Took time and persistence but it paid off when we landed that first customer! Social media outreach and real conversations were key for us.
    Suprabhat Biyani
    Posted a answer on Quora and a user reached out. That's how I made the first sale for my product.
    Ankur Sharma
    From LinkedIn groups. Still getting users for wiseAdvizor.com from LinkedIn groups.
    gill richardson
    my first customer was my friend
    Toni
    @gill_richardson that surely helps ! But then the question is, did they churn or did you manage to keep them on ?